Notifications
Clear all

want clear skin? make sure you are Alkaline!!

MemberMember
(@stavs16)

Posted : 08/29/2011 4:47 am

Haven't made a thread here in a long time, dont suffer from acne as i used to in my teenage year (21 now). I get a couple little shoulder zits from working out but thats about it. Anyways enough about me, I'm here to drop some info for those that are interested and want to see some results in their skin complexion and texture.

I would say one of the most important things to staying acne free for anyone has to be their body's and skin PH level. I can't stress how important this is especially if you are prone to acne, something so simple as this can have severe effects on your skin. Firstly it is important we keep our bodies alkalized at all times throughout the day. Almost everything that we eat changes the acidity of our body which in turn can lead to a plethora of problems such as skin irritation, increased chance of fungal infections, acne, dry skin, eczema and even some internal problems. What I use to keep alkaline, and I'm sure it has been discussed before, is apple cider vinegar. Although acidic outside the body, once inside will restore an alkaline balance to your body's PH levels. You wouldn't imagine how such a small change can have such dramatic effects on everything including your skin. Even when you sweat your body is much more efficient at eliminating toxins because it is functioning at optimal levels. I can go on and on pointing out all the benefits of being alkaline from the inside out, but its something everyone should read up on because its important not only for acne, but for general immune system health.

Now looking at skin care products, I noticed there is a stickied thread at the top of this section that mentions PH in skin care products, and anything alkaline is basically bad for your skin. Well let me just say that from doing research, and personal experimentation, its complete bogus and so far from the truth!! (at least in some cases)

As per the main poster in that thread she stated that" Alkaline stronger than pH 8 is very irritating to the skin and, unfortunately, the majority of skin care treatment products and household cleansers are far too alkaline." Then later she also states "When the acid mantle is disrupted by using skin care treatment that is too alkaline, it takes about 14 hours for the skin to get back to normal. However, by that time we've usually used the products again so, in fact, the damage never really gets repaired. The result is apparently permanent dry skin."

I can't even begin to describe to you how wrong this is. In recent human history, up until 70 years ago, all body care was purely alkaline. The well-known example for this is the alkaline washing soap (pH value 8.5-9.0).

It is very obvious that the proof of the value of alkaline skincare lies not only in human history, but also in the fact that babies- known for their soft, smooth skin- soak in an alkaline solution in the womb for 9 months? Amniotic fluid has a pH-level of 8 -8.5.

German naturopahtic doctors found out that alkaline body care means deeper cleansing and regeneration of the skin by thoroughly clearing away old layers.

Looking back at human history the knowledge of alkaline and natural skin care increasingly faded away over the past decades. Today's acidic body care usually has a pH value of 5.0 -5.5 today. It seems also very interesting that the main ingredients of modern skin care is oil industry derivatives which were discovered also 70 years ago. Instead of being disposed as garbage e.g. paraffin is used as for skin lotions.

As a matter of fact it is quite the opposite: our skin is the largest organ for detoxification. As acids and toxins can only be released in an alkaline environment, the use of acidic skin care products (98% of all skin care lines are acidic) block that self-cleansing process. In using alkaline skin care we give the skin the best available support for it's self cleansing and healing process. Using acidic skin care we do seal the skin instead of opening it up again

History of human skin care and the fact that as babies we swim in amniotic fluid it seems obvious that skin care needs to be alkaline. Natural alkaline skin care opens and heals the skin, while acidic skin care prevents the skin's self healing functions.

Now I have been using a daily toner with an alkalinity of 8.5PH for 6 months and my face has never EVER felt this soft and smooth since i was a young kid growing up. No acne either or any inflammation, rarely any signs of dry skin if you are consistent and just beautiful radiant skin.

This is what I've been using http://www.jentschura.ca/Jentschura_Produc...reProducts.html

if you scroll down the product list, I use the "alkaline tonic 8.5PH''. Now I'm not here to try and sell you anything, but just letting everyone know that alkaline skin care products should be considered in everyone's daily regime.

...and don't forget to keep your blood alkaline as well :) lemon juice will alkalize your blood if you can't stomach the apple cider vinegar taste.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/29/2011 7:22 am

Haven't made a thread here in a long time, dont suffer from acne as i used to in my teenage year (21 now). I get a couple little shoulder zits from working out but thats about it. Anyways enough about me, I'm here to drop some info for those that are interested and want to see some results in their skin complexion and texture.

I would say one of the most important things to staying acne free for anyone has to be their body's and skin PH level. I can't stress how important this is especially if you are prone to acne, something so simple as this can have severe effects on your skin. Firstly it is important we keep our bodies alkalized at all times throughout the day. Almost everything that we eat changes the acidity of our body which in turn can lead to a plethora of problems such as skin irritation, increased chance of fungal infections, acne, dry skin, eczema and even some internal problems. What I use to keep alkaline, and I'm sure it has been discussed before, is apple cider vinegar. Although acidic outside the body, once inside will restore an alkaline balance to your body's PH levels. You wouldn't imagine how such a small change can have such dramatic effects on everything including your skin. Even when you sweat your body is much more efficient at eliminating toxins because it is functioning at optimal levels. I can go on and on pointing out all the benefits of being alkaline from the inside out, but its something everyone should read up on because its important not only for acne, but for general immune system health.

Now looking at skin care products, I noticed there is a stickied thread at the top of this section that mentions PH in skin care products, and anything alkaline is basically bad for your skin. Well let me just say that from doing research, and personal experimentation, its complete bogus and so far from the truth!! (at least in some cases)

As per the main poster in that thread she stated that" Alkaline stronger than pH 8 is very irritating to the skin and, unfortunately, the majority of skin care treatment products and household cleansers are far too alkaline." Then later she also states "When the acid mantle is disrupted by using skin care treatment that is too alkaline, it takes about 14 hours for the skin to get back to normal. However, by that time we've usually used the products again so, in fact, the damage never really gets repaired. The result is apparently permanent dry skin."

I can't even begin to describe to you how wrong this is. In recent human history, up until 70 years ago, all body care was purely alkaline. The well-known example for this is the alkaline washing soap (pH value 8.5-9.0).

It is very obvious that the proof of the value of alkaline skincare lies not only in human history, but also in the fact that babies- known for their soft, smooth skin- soak in an alkaline solution in the womb for 9 months? Amniotic fluid has a pH-level of 8 -8.5.

German naturopahtic doctors found out that alkaline body care means deeper cleansing and regeneration of the skin by thoroughly clearing away old layers.

Looking back at human history the knowledge of alkaline and natural skin care increasingly faded away over the past decades. Today's acidic body care usually has a pH value of 5.0 -5.5 today. It seems also very interesting that the main ingredients of modern skin care is oil industry derivatives which were discovered also 70 years ago. Instead of being disposed as garbage e.g. paraffin is used as for skin lotions.

As a matter of fact it is quite the opposite: our skin is the largest organ for detoxification. As acids and toxins can only be released in an alkaline environment, the use of acidic skin care products (98% of all skin care lines are acidic) block that self-cleansing process. In using alkaline skin care we give the skin the best available support for it's self cleansing and healing process. Using acidic skin care we do seal the skin instead of opening it up again

History of human skin care and the fact that as babies we swim in amniotic fluid it seems obvious that skin care needs to be alkaline. Natural alkaline skin care opens and heals the skin, while acidic skin care prevents the skin's self healing functions.

Now I have been using a daily toner with an alkalinity of 8.5PH for 6 months and my face has never EVER felt this soft and smooth since i was a young kid growing up. No acne either or any inflammation, rarely any signs of dry skin if you are consistent and just beautiful radiant skin.

This is what I've been using http://www.jentschura.ca/Jentschura_Produc...reProducts.html

if you scroll down the product list, I use the "alkaline tonic 8.5PH''. Now I'm not here to try and sell you anything, but just letting everyone know that alkaline skin care products should be considered in everyone's daily regime.

...and don't forget to keep your blood alkaline as well :) lemon juice will alkalize your blood if you can't stomach the apple cider vinegar taste.

what do you think about using natural organic honey (i.e. straight from the beekeper) as a cleanser?

Also, what type of diet is the best for a alkaline body?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/29/2011 7:23 am

what do you think about using natural organic honey (i.e. straight from the beekeper) as a cleanser?

MemberMember
(@stavs16)

Posted : 08/29/2011 3:23 pm

honey is great for topical use

as for alkaline diet

http://alkalinedietguy.com/

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/29/2011 6:40 pm

thanks! i will take a look at that.

regarding the honey, is it exofliating? I.E. do i have to moisturizer after using it as a mask (3 hours) or is it moisturizing enuff?

MemberMember
(@stavs16)

Posted : 08/30/2011 5:18 am

thanks! i will take a look at that.

regarding the honey, is it exofliating? I.E. do i have to moisturizer after using it as a mask (3 hours) or is it moisturizing enuff?

sorry i cant help you there, i dont put that on my face, but I've heard good things. You shouldnt need to exfoliate with the product i posted. Just find an alkaline moisturizer and your skin can do the rest

MemberMember
(@tiago2)

Posted : 08/30/2012 5:24 pm

According to Wikipedia, "The average pH of honey is 3.9". Doesn't this make it improper, if your theory is correct?

MemberMember
(@enjoy-2)

Posted : 08/30/2012 11:06 pm

not sure if serious.....healthy skin (as in skin that does not need 'cleansing' and 'skin care' etc) has a natural ph of about 5.5, not because it is unhealthy, because this is the PH that the body wants the skin's surface to be...slightly acidic and THAT is why today's skin care aims to match that ph, so it doesn't mess with the body's naturally favoured ph levels.

soaps and detergents are so drying and stripping to the skin because of their high ph, I remember a few years back when I was into reading all those pseudo science hippy websites I tried using dr bronners as a face and body soap thinking it would do magical things because it was all organic and natural but it nothing at all except irritate my already sensitive and messed up skin. It has a ph of 8 or 9 by the way.

I used to work as a dishwasher and had my hands in super high PH detergents all day and my hands were a mess after a few months...raw and cracked and bloody and rashy looking. According to your theory they should have been super great and smooth.

I think you need to do more researching, but please stick to legitimate sources.....

MemberMember
(@100294)

Posted : 08/31/2012 12:58 am

not sure if serious.....healthy skin (as in skin that does not need 'cleansing' and 'skin care' etc) has a natural ph of about 5.5, not because it is unhealthy, because this is the PH that the body wants the skin's surface to be...slightly acidic and THAT is why today's skin care aims to match that ph, so it doesn't mess with the body's naturally favoured ph levels.

soaps and detergents are so drying and stripping to the skin because of their high ph, I remember a few years back when I was into reading all those pseudo science hippy websites I tried using dr bronners as a face and body soap thinking it would do magical things because it was all organic and natural but it nothing at all except irritate my already sensitive and messed up skin. It has a ph of 8 or 9 by the way.

I used to work as a dishwasher and had my hands in super high PH detergents all day and my hands were a mess after a few months...raw and cracked and bloody and rashy looking. According to your theory they should have been super great and smooth.

I think you need to do more researching, but please stick to legitimate sources.....

Dr.Bronner's might have did that to your skin because you may have used too much as it's very concentrated and it can be drying and stick to skin if you have hard water.And because it's natural the oils could have been bringing up the impurities through the skin.I have hard water and use Dr.Bronner's,but I just follow it up with massaging squeezed lemon juice,organic hemp oil,and a drop or two of organic lavender and sometimes thyme oil.There's other things in soaps and detergents that will harm the body than just the PH level.Most people are not getting to the underlying cause of their acne which is the toxins in the system and from eating garbage and thinking cleansing happens from the outside in when it's the complete opposite and when they do attempt to clean from the outside in they get scared because their bodies are detoxing and things get worse before they get better.

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 08/31/2012 1:39 am

Wow. Disagree HIGHLY.

MemberMember
(@enjoy-2)

Posted : 08/31/2012 10:50 am

Dr.Bronner's might have did that to your skin because you may have used too much as it's very concentrated and it can be drying and stick to skin if you have hard water.And because it's natural the oils could have been bringing up the impurities through the skin.I have hard water and use Dr.Bronner's,but I just follow it up with massaging squeezed lemon juice,organic hemp oil,and a drop or two of organic lavender and sometimes thyme oil.There's other things in soaps and detergents that will harm the body than just the PH level.Most people are not getting to the underlying cause of their acne which is the toxins in the system and from eating garbage and thinking cleansing happens from the outside in when it's the complete opposite and when they do attempt to clean from the outside in they get scared because their bodies are detoxing and things get worse before they get better.

lol. you just proved my point... you follow it up with lemon juice, the reason that helps/works is because.....DUN DUN DUN.......it's ACIDIC and contains citric ACID, thus restoring a portion of the ACIDITY to the skin and countering the effects of the high ph soap. Same reason some people use diluted apple cider vinegar as a 'toner'. It works because you are partially bringing the ph of the skin back to where it NEEDS to be.

*oh and yes I was only using about a drop to clean my whole face with, i realize how concentrated is was, I even tried strictly using the odorless baby clean version diluted 50/50 with water but it was no better, things which are 'ph balanced' and make no suds such as spectro jel are MUCH gentler on my skin despite being loaded with "chemicals"

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/31/2012 1:22 pm

I haven't read through this whole thing, but I just want to say that alkaline soaps and washes do disrupt the acid mantle. In my experience, you don't put something acidic on your skin to correct alkalinity, you simply stop using alkaline washes for a few days and your skin will go back to normal. From that point on, your washes should be ph neutral (5.5-6) so they don't throw the skin in either direction.

MemberMember
(@100294)

Posted : 09/02/2012 11:07 am

lol. you just proved my point... you follow it up with lemon juice, the reason that helps/works is because.....DUN DUN DUN.......it's ACIDIC and contains citric ACID, thus restoring a portion of the ACIDITY to the skin and countering the effects of the high ph soap. Same reason some people use diluted apple cider vinegar as a 'toner'. It works because you are partially bringing the ph of the skin back to where it NEEDS to be.

*oh and yes I was only using about a drop to clean my whole face with, i realize how concentrated is was, I even tried strictly using the odorless baby clean version diluted 50/50 with water but it was no better, things which are 'ph balanced' and make no suds such as spectro jel are MUCH gentler on my skin despite being loaded with "chemicals"

I use lemon juice because I have hard water and to help fade scaring.If it's "pH balanced" it's probably not going to clean your skin and besides those chemicals in it will just make your skin age faster.

MemberMember
(@darkwizzie)

Posted : 09/02/2012 8:02 pm

I'm not trying to crap on your party, I'd just like to say I disagree with some of the points listed, and here they are and why I disagree.

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 09/06/2012 11:16 am

I think we should be happy that the OP found his way out.

MemberMember
(@darkwizzie)

Posted : 09/07/2012 12:34 am

I think we should be happy that the OP found his way out.

It's nice other people have had their acne cured, but we're here to cure our own acne at the end of the day. :/

MemberMember
(@jamie-sue)

Posted : 10/07/2012 12:18 am

I think that more alkaline internally is beneficial for acne and more acid externally is beneficial as well for acne. But honestly stabilizing your ph balance in general is going to be the most beneficial for your skin. I just learned about all this ph stuff today and I swear I had an epiphany! It all just makes since! I believe all my symptoms of fatigue, weight gain, acne, and horrible bowl movements is all from an over acidic body! Read this article I found [Removed] it will make since if you do the research. All the well known foods to avoid if acne prone like caffeine, dairy, sugar, all that is acidic-forming foods! Which means is alkaline until digested then its acidic. Anyways I would had to go on and on just do the research yourself but internally more alkaline is going to help with acne!