Notifications
Clear all

Body acne gone - How I did it

MemberMember
(@blue-giraffe)

Posted : 07/15/2011 4:19 pm

I finally got rid of the body acne just about completely. I made many changes to my life.

I decided to eat healthier for the cause of my acne and overall health. I drink two water bottles a day and avoid dairy products. I hope my bones don't break.

Since I thought the main problem with acne was hygiene, I started to shower more. I would shower twice a day, 30 minutes each, and hot water. Probably the worst things to do for acne. Dry skin was causing huge inflamed cysts and lots of breakouts. Especially when I would shower right before and after wrestling practice. Now I only shower once a day at night before sleep with cold water for 10 minutes at the most I try to avoid having shampoo fall on my skin.

I also exercise and sweat at least every other day. The sweat releases toxins that cause acne. Of course it can cause you to break out if you don't wash yourself, so I exercise at night and shower within at least 1 hour after exercising. Exercising made a huge difference for me and it will for you. http://www.acnemythsetc.com/does_exercise_...ct_on_acne.html

Tanning is controversial. My experience with tanning was that it did help with the actual acne. It also did sort of help mask acne marks, however, I wish I didn't do it. It made my marks worse. This could be because I've used products that make my skin sensitive (glycolic acid peels and skin lightener for the hyper pigmentation that past acne has left).

I take 90 mg oral Minocycline everyday. If pimples come I apply Differin to them at night. Both of these were prescribed by a dermatologist. I alternate using a cleanser and a gentle exfoliator to shower everyday (I use the exfoliator days that I exercise to get all the stuff off of the surface of my skin). I should probably use a moisturizer, but my skin really doesn't get dry.

Anyway this is how I got rid of my body acne. I have dark skin though and I get hyper pigmentation marks from just about every pimple I get (I don't pick at them). It really sucks. The cysts I used to get left the worst marks and I have them all over my back. Advice on the marks would be appreciated.

MemberMember
(@desiangel)

Posted : 07/15/2011 4:25 pm

For the marks, AHA lotions and apple cider vinegar would be the best. You will see stronger results by using the former. Look them up. :)

MemberMember
(@mikey5769)

Posted : 05/12/2014 6:47 pm

Do you use benzoyl peroxide?