Notifications
Clear all

Garnier Moisture Rescue products?

MemberMember
(@netstars22)

Posted : 06/19/2011 7:14 pm

Hello people of the Acne.org message boards, I'm new here :) . I recently switched from the Oxy Clinical routine to the Acne.org regimen. I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about the Garnier Moisture Rescue line. Although I use the Lightweight UV-Lotion in the line (religiously, in fact), I am thinking about purchasing the plain moisturizer (the gel-cream), but I wanted some reviews on that and the cleanser, too.

MemberMember
(@desiangel)

Posted : 06/19/2011 7:39 pm

I used it before, and i think it is only good for those with oily/combo skin. Otherwise go for something more moistuzing since you began the reginm.

But yeah, its really lightweight, fresh feeling, and leaves you matte. Also a little goes a long way with this product.

MemberMember
(@netstars22)

Posted : 06/20/2011 3:01 pm

Okay, thanks!

MemberMember
(@reedia-rim)

Posted : 06/20/2011 9:16 pm

The product does contain alcohol, which is irritating to some skin types. It might not be moisturizing enough if you're using topical acne treatments since they may dry out your skin. It does leave your skin matte.

MemberMember
(@netstars22)

Posted : 06/22/2011 11:29 am

I just purchased the Refreshing Gel-Cream today, and I have to say, it is awesome! It actually does not burn or sting, considering that I once used a moisturizer for "sensitive skin" (it was a store-brand) and that one burned terribly.

MemberMember
(@guit4rheroine)

Posted : 08/16/2014 1:34 pm

I just wanted to leave my opinion on the cleanser from the Moisture Rescue line. I have been using the cleanser religiously for awhile, and while it says it's "foaming" I'd like to state in my experience it's more of a cream cleanser. Which is actually much less abrasive on your skin anyway. I love this cleanser, and I use it both morning and night. I have dry/combo skin and I find this doesn't break me out OR leave me with dry patches. When I switched to this from my previous cleanser I noticed an immediate difference in my skin. The dry patches were all but gone. As for the gel-creams, in my opinion they're not all that moisturizing. I tried to use the regular one at night but it felt kind of sticky and didn't seem to do much for my skin. I do however use the UV lotion during the daytime. I'd recommend Neutrogena Naturals Nourishing Multivitamin Night Cream at night. It absorbs really well, doesn't break me out and maybe it's just me but I've found it helps fade my acne scarring. Also it smells like fruit candy! :)