Notifications
Clear all

anyone in their 30s on accutane?

MemberMember
(@lt211)

Posted : 05/17/2009 3:29 pm

I signed up all over again at the doctor on Sat. morning --- will start accutane in about one month after I do the waiting thing to prove I am not pregnant. I am about to turn 36 on wednesday -- are there any people on this medicine who are in their thirties or older? I am just wondering if other women in their thirties are battling skin issues when they are this age? It's more than a little annoying at this age -- or any age -- to deal with acne.

Any people my age in this situation?????

MemberMember
(@kramerica)

Posted : 05/17/2009 3:50 pm

Yes, I definitely feel your pain. I'm 35. I've been dealing with mild acne for over 10 years. I finally got completely clear last fall with Face Reality clinic. I went almost three months with not one inflamed spot. But then I started breaking out worse than ever before this past February on my chin. It's been constant for 3 months. I'll have anywhere from one to four painful pustules on my chin any given day. I finally broke down and went to the derm. I'm starting Spironolactone next month (after I get back from vaca.) I'll be very interested to follow your progress on Accutane. If Spiro doesn't work, it may not be too far off for me. Good luck and happy birthday!

MemberMember
(@help-meee)

Posted : 05/17/2009 11:29 pm

Im a guy but in my early 40's been battling very slight acne for more than 25 years and in lst year I was lucky enough to start getting cystic acne. Derm said enough is enough the antibiotics (went through all of them) and topicals (went through all of them) had to stop. So u are not alone.

Wish ya all the best

MemberMember
(@sylbee)

Posted : 05/18/2009 12:59 pm

Your not alone. I developed Acne in my late 20's, it's been getting progressively worse with each passing year. I'm 34 years old and started taking Accutane just over 3 months ago. For the most part things have gone smoothly; normal chapped lips & dry sometimes peeling skin. I have major flare ups around my jaw line and cheeks during my menstrual cycle. The one good thing is that the cystic acne that does surface heals quickly. The down side is that my skin scars easily. I'm hoping that with each passing month on Accutane the flares up subside. My first menstrual period on Accutane was horrible- almost overnight I had a dozen if not more cysts surface. The second and third month were not as bad as the first but I'm still disappointed that my skin hasn't cleared up. I have my fourth month check up and menstrual period in a couple of weeks. I hope the turning point will be the last two months on Accutane.

Adult Acne is horrible, it makes you feel like your going through puberty all over again.

MemberMember
(@carmelle)

Posted : 05/18/2009 3:19 pm

Hi, I just turned 32 last month and I have been on accutane for almost 4 months now. It has already done wonders for my skin and hopefully I can keep the results for a long time after my treatment. Yes, at this age it is basically ridiculous to go through this. I suffered with acne since I was about 11 years old! It got worst it my late 20 and by thirty years of age, I had cystic acne regularly.

MemberMember
(@musicmama)

Posted : 05/18/2009 3:25 pm

I'm close! I'll turn 29 about half way into my course. Really can't wait for this to be over!!

MemberMember
(@ctshoes)

Posted : 05/18/2009 6:52 pm

I signed up all over again at the doctor on Sat. morning --- will start accutane in about one month after I do the waiting thing to prove I am not pregnant. I am about to turn 36 on wednesday -- are there any people on this medicine who are in their thirties or older? I am just wondering if other women in their thirties are battling skin issues when they are this age? It's more than a little annoying at this age -- or any age -- to deal with acne.

Any people my age in this situation?????

Im 32 and just starting my 4th month of accutane. Things are going pretty good (ive stopped breaking out) After dealing with acne in many forms for the last 20 years its hard to contemplate that something might actually clear it, but accutane really is living up to its reputation! As for side effects i think ive been lucky.. just chapped lips (im on 60mgs)

My only regret is that i didnt do this sooner!! Good luck with your course, i hope you get brilliant results.

MemberMember
(@livvyt)

Posted : 12/09/2013 3:07 am

Definitely not alone!

I just turned 35 last week & have been suffering for as long as I can remember.

I hoped that after the birth of my daughter my "hormones" would regulate etc & I'd be pimple free. Well 2yrs later & I haven't had a pimple free day yet!

I've tried all the antibiotics, lotions & potions & still no clearing... For the past 7 months I've been having SGA treatment (sebaceous gland ablation) its like hot probing the sebaceous gland & supposedly has a 90% or more success rate. Yep I happened to be one of the unlucky ones that it didn't have any effect on.

So I have a derm appointment on Thursday & thinking Accutane is going to be my next step. I'm nervous & my husband is soooo against the drug as said his sister attempted suicide & blames the drug.

Im hoping a low dose will do the trick but also worried I have 2 much hope riding on this drug & worry about the side effects being irreversible etc etc

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 12/09/2013 5:26 pm

I'm 35 and just starting my second month of Accutane. This is my second course, I also did one at age 25.

MemberMember
(@luckers8)

Posted : 12/31/2013 5:37 pm

I'm 31 and Ive been battling cystic acne for years. I'm on day 29 of 80mg (first two weeks I took 40mg), Ill be on it for 5 months. So far it hasn't been terrible, I just the dryness, bloody, sore nose and dry skin. My initial breakout wasn't anything worse then what usually happens. Basically I'm a lot less inflamed but worried about all the scaring that is more visable now. Its so hard to stay positive when we've already been through so much dealing with the acne for so long and to have it take even more time but hopefully it will all be worth it! Good luck to you! You're def not alone!