Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rinavarion_dee

isotretinoin and erythromycin gel

My doctor has just given me a prescription for isotretinoin and erythromycin gel for topical use. Has anyone ever tried this and did they find if effective? I came off accutane for the second time last year and my skin stayed perfectly clear but now for no apparent reason at all my acne has decided to come back :( This gel is all my doctor will give me :( I'm nervous as I generally find topical stuff non effective and very painful! Advice please xx

I don't know whether or not your gel is good or not, but I when I got that gel, it SUCKED. Worst topical I've ever used, hands down. Just the whole application felt messy (if you've used it, you'll know what I'm talking about). It feels like a solid, but its all liquidy and dries really greasy. Yuck!

Best of luck to you though...might work better for you/you might have a different brand.

It didn't work for me. I've used topical isotretinoin for 2 months, and now I'm using tretinoin with no results.

Retinoids don't work for me.