(@lol-acneface)

Posted : 12/31/2008 5:36 pm

I heard about this.. Anyone tried it ?

Does it really work ?

How does it work ?

MemberMember
(@paper-mario)

Posted : 12/31/2008 5:37 pm

I don't know if I'd want to try it, to be honest. I've tried so many products I just don't trust anything anymore.

megmol99 liked
MemberMember
(@lol-acneface)

Posted : 12/31/2008 5:40 pm

I`m willing to try anything at this point >.<

But some people said it`s way too strong to go on your face :/

MemberMember
(@zarkhan)

Posted : 12/31/2008 5:45 pm

dont try it. It sounds made up.

ive never heard of it. but i know how vicks works and wouldnt put it on my face.

MemberMember
(@lol-acneface)

Posted : 12/31/2008 5:48 pm

Post I found about it -

http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171767

Hm, it`s tempting me..

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 12/31/2008 11:13 pm

The active ingredients are all irritating and potentially comedogenic (can cause clogged pores and/or pimples):

Camphor 4.8%(Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)

Eucalyptus oil 1.2%(Cough suppressant)

Menthol 2.6%(Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)

See last link in my signature for tips that help some.

MemberMember
(@i-love-sarah)

Posted : 01/01/2009 12:12 pm

Post I found about it -

http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171767

Hm, it`s tempting me..

try cleans and clear acne spot treament it works or go to doc and ask about trenton it works good for me u just wash face and then put it on it makes u fell good

MemberMember
(@genecase)

Posted : 08/03/2011 6:01 pm

I know it does works i been useing for years, I copy this inf..... Yes, Vicks Vapor Rub contains three ingredients, one of which is 'Camphor.' Camphor is a antimicrobial substance that has multiple uses. As an antimicrobial substance Camphor is oftentimes used to kill bacteria (aka the cause of acne) and fungus, or to prevent the two objects from forming altogether. The other ingredients combined with Camphor also help to dry up acne that has already broken through your skin thus clearing it up.

It works great.

Read more:

MemberMember
(@alouise)

Posted : 12/16/2011 1:47 am

I just heard about this trick yesterday and applied some Vicks to the 4 blind pimples I currently have going on. In the last 24 hours, 1 seems to have come to a head and then started to drain itself (I haven't seen anything come out or picked, but it's getting less red, smaller, and less tender, and the white I could see is also getting smaller), 2 haven't come to a head, but seem to just be getting smaller, less red, and less tender, and the 4th appears to be working it's way to a head (but it is also getting smaller/less red so I don't know where it will go from here). I tried to keep the Vicks basically just on the specific spots, but actually the bit that has smeared into the surrounding areas has lightened marks from older breakouts and cleared up some non-cystic pimples as well. So based on the last 24 hours, I am absolutely thrilled with the results! On top of that, it also has an immediate soothing and cooling effect.

I am concerned with the fact that applying a thick petroleum jelly-based ointment seems a bit counterintuitive as far as keeping pores clear. So far, it doesn't seem to be a problem, but it's only been 24 hours. I kept it on overnight, and then washed my face as usual in the morning. I've reapplied now for the night, so hopefully it will continue to have a positive effect on my skin. I'll have to let you know how my experiment goes. Personally, if I continue this way and after 2 weeks I haven't broken out in the places I've applied Vicks, AND if it continues to have the amazing effect it has so far had on my blind pimples, I will not only be convinced, I'll be ecstatic!

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 11/18/2012 12:06 am

So, is it still working for you? Anyone else try it?

MemberMember
(@callendula)

Posted : 01/18/2013 12:35 am

I haven't tried this yet but IF it does work, I'd assume it was due to the eucalyptus which is an anti-inflammatory. It is also anti bacterial, anti fungal and many other positives. However, you could probably just buy some therapeutic essential ecualyptus oil (like globulus or radiata) to add to a carrier oil and apply that way (without the other ingredients). However, research essential oils before use as they need to be diluted and checked for sensitivity. But, it might be an option.

MemberMember
(@minervasarrowcomplex)

Posted : 01/22/2013 1:38 am

If you're still tempted after being told not to, and are at the "what is there to lose?" point, it's always worth a shot to try a little. I've used tiger balm to reduce pain from cysts, but it's never actually cleared them up for me, personally. As soon as the effects wear off, I'd gently wash the residue off to avoid further clogging of the pores, then ice it, and take an anti-inflammatory, like ibuprofen.

I prefer to use the hot compress method for 20 minutes at a time. I'll make some green tea, let it sit for 5-10 minutes as the water cools down to a drinkable temperature, then wrap the teabag in paper towel, and use that as a compress while I drink the tea. Green tea is supposed to have antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties, so even if it doesn't clear the cyst up in one night, it certainly can't hurt.

I put up a post today on DIY treatment, but in short, generously apply neosporin, and cover the affected area with a band aid overnight. I absolutely swear by this method. It keeps the area moisturized, especially if you've been engaging in chemical warfare with it, and draws the cyst to the surface. Plus putting a band-aid over it will keep you from touching/picking at it. Be patient, it may take some time to totally disappear (once I messed with a zit, and actually made it much worse, and subsequently slept with neosporin and band aids for a week, draining it every morning), but it will eventually clear up.

MemberMember
(@livleslie)

Posted : 01/24/2013 2:06 pm

In my frustration last night, I decided to try it. I get a little painful cystic pimple on my chin a lot no matter how much I clean and wash my skin. I know, painful AND embarrassing. They never come to a head, and just stay there painful and noticeable for weeks. (So annoying) So anyways after washing my face before bed, I dabbed a little on the area and went to bed. In the morning it had come to a head! I popped it, and it flattened out, barley visible and the pressure and pain is gone. I will put a little more on tonight to dry it out, but this actually works! It speeds up the process by at least 2 weeks, and shrinks and brings it to a head! Amazing

MemberMember
(@hog99)

Posted : 11/11/2013 12:59 am

I had cysts at the back of my head, they were there for probably a few months already but I never really treat them besides using anti bacterial soap, which barely help. Recently they got worse and I found out from my aunt that she has always uses Tiger Balm to clear cysts. Now they are gone after a few days of application, they popped by themselves and the fluid inside flows out, now the cysts are flatten.

I also suffer from cystic acne since I was young, my condition isn't as severe as some people might be, as in I have a few big ones going on that take weeks to clear and after that they appear somewhere else on my face, and its like never ending. I have always have a blemished and scarred face due to the whole cycle. I decided to try the balm of my cystic acne, it does speed up the clearing by a lot. It also helps to reduce the inflammation.

I read on the wiki, and seems like most of the ingredients are anesthetic, antiseptic or antimicrobial.