Notifications
Clear all

Initial Purging on Candida Diet?

MemberMember
(@connectthedots)

Posted : 11/30/2008 8:58 pm

So in yet another attempt to rid my face of acne, I started the Candida Diet around two months ago and started supplementing myself with some vitamins and minerals.

I have completely cut all dairy, refined grains, processed sugars (I still eat fruit), and vegetable oil from my diet. I rarely eat anything unless I have made it myself and I know exactly what it is in.

I also take: Lechtin, Vitamin A, B-Complex, Zinc, and Vitamin E. PLUS Udo's Oil Omega 3-6-9.

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

Does anyone know if after eating this way and consuming these vitamins, there is supposed to be a purging period of the skin? You know, something similar to the retinoids?

It seems like all my deep acne is coming to the surface, which....I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Like, am I making my acne worse?

I don't think I will stop this diet or the supplementation, only because I find my energy and emotional level has been much better since I cut processed foods.

However, I am worried that if this is NOT a purging, than it's just my acne getting ready to step up the game and make my life hell. Which is entirely possible, because that is what my acne does.

Any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@b00)

Posted : 11/30/2008 10:07 pm

Honestly, I think with almost any regimen an initial break out occurs.

Most of the time, a new diet... or a new cream or whatnot is trying to drag out all of the impurities from your skin so that the end result is clean skin.

MemberMember
(@connectthedots)

Posted : 11/30/2008 10:28 pm

Honestly, I think with almost any regimen an initial break out occurs.

Most of the time, a new diet... or a new cream or whatnot is trying to drag out all of the impurities from your skin so that the end result is clean skin.

Thanks a bunch.

I think this is what I hate the most about acne: That if I want to do something to make it better, 10 out 10 times it requires that my acne gets worse first.

Which sucks, because I have done a million things at this point that have "made it worse before it got better,"....only ya know, it doesn't really stay better for long.

MemberMember
(@shavingwoes)

Posted : 12/01/2008 12:15 pm

So in yet another attempt to rid my face of acne, I started the Candida Diet around two months ago and started supplementing myself with some vitamins and minerals.

I have completely cut all dairy, refined grains, processed sugars (I still eat fruit), and vegetable oil from my diet. I rarely eat anything unless I have made it myself and I know exactly what it is in.

I also take: Lechtin, Vitamin A, B-Complex, Zinc, and Vitamin E. PLUS Udo's Oil Omega 3-6-9.

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

Does anyone know if after eating this way and consuming these vitamins, there is supposed to be a purging period of the skin? You know, something similar to the retinoids?

It seems like all my deep acne is coming to the surface, which....I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Like, am I making my acne worse?

I don't think I will stop this diet or the supplementation, only because I find my energy and emotional level has been much better since I cut processed foods.

However, I am worried that if this is NOT a purging, than it's just my acne getting ready to step up the game and make my life hell. Which is entirely possible, because that is what my acne does.

Any thoughts?

Ditch the lecithin (assuming it's soy lecithin); it's highly allergenic and my HCP has showed me several cases of people who went on elimination diets and then tried re-introducing soy lecithin with disastrous results (horrible stomach pains, gas, breakouts, major mood swings, etc.). My advice to you is to cut it out for the time being and try introducing it later if you really want it.

MemberMember
(@katie86)

Posted : 07/17/2015 11:50 pm

Hi. I know this is an old post but I'm wondering if the original post had noticed an improvement? I am on about 5 1/2 week of anti candida diet with vitamins and a probiotic. Pretty sure I'm having some purging going on with my face. Either that or I have no idea what as I'm feeling really good and healthy. Just annoying it's going bad with my skin not worse!! Any words of comfort?!