Notifications
Clear all

Cetaphil works!

MemberMember
(@kt)

Posted : 03/03/2004 2:11 pm

Ok, well I have finally found the thing that works for me. I've tried Dan's regimen in the past, Botchla's regimen and the acne cure with BP and glycolic acid. I think they were all too harsh for my skin, which was unbearably dry and flaky and continued to break out really badly.

After having read a post here in february, I started cleansing with cetaphil morning and night, wiping it off with tissue, without water. Within a couple of days my skin started to calm down, existing spots looked much less angry and started to fade, and no new spots came up. Now, a week or so later, I am completely clear and my skin is soft and healthy-looking. I've also started to use jojoba oil as a moisturiser as my skin has a tendency to be dry.

My theory as to why this worked for me is that, although I have bad acne, my skin is very fair, dry and sensitive - never oily - and I am 30 years old, so don't have the typical teenage/greasy skin.

Give it a try - at the very least it's cheap and gentle on your skin so can't do you any harm. I was really shocked at first that this worked for me as I have had raging, severe acne ever since I was 16 and never thought a simple cleanser would make any difference - so you never know!...

All the best

Katie

MemberMember
(@boomdoggydawg)

Posted : 03/03/2004 6:54 pm

At first I thought that this cetaphil routine was great and it was gonna cure me but after a while it seemed to decrease in effectiveness. This is the routine I have been using for the past week or so: cetaphil twice a day without water using a tissue to wipe the excess off my face, also avoiding any tap water touching my face at all in the shower etc. After about three days this had calmed down my acne real well but after that I started getting some faily big cysts around my jawline and chin. The weird thing is my skin does look better, it just doesn't feel better. can u give me some suggestions or explain more thoroughly what u do with the cetaphil that keeps u clear? I'm thinking mayb wash my face with an antibacterial first but that defeats the purpose of keeping water off my face.

MemberMember
(@kt)

Posted : 03/03/2004 10:01 pm

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I've only been on the cetaphil for a couple of weeks, so who knows how it will progress. But I was using only cetaphil for about 4 months last year and was completely clear during those months (at the time I had no idea why I was clear, didn't think it could be the cetaphil but looking back I'm sure it was).

What i do is exactly what you described: I wash my hands with anti-bac soap and then rub cetaphil into my face. I then wipe it off with a tissue. I do this morning and night. I think getting water on your face dries it out so if I wet my face in my morning shower I simply dry it gently with a towel afterwards and then do the cetaphil as usual. ( I think if the cetaphil was done before the shower it would be completely washed away by the water and your skin would be left dry. Doing it after ensures the coating is left there)

I don't know what to suggest... I also use jojoba oil as a moisturiser as it's supposed to regulate sebum - maybe you could try that? Have you read the 'free of acne in 3 days' post? There's a guy in that who swears by supplements and topicals used in Dr Perricone's programme - DMAE and ALA - and the people on the scar boards are raving about these too. Was thinking of trying them but can't vouch for them myself.

Sorry I can't really help...

MemberMember
(@circle)

Posted : 03/04/2004 2:34 pm

Hi,

Just a question on using the Cetaphil.You know when you squeeze out the amount ur going to use,do you rub it together in your hands to create a white cream or do you apply it as it is out of the bottle?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@kt)

Posted : 03/04/2004 8:10 pm

I do rub it between the tips of my fingers a little bit but it's quite runny and is already white when it comes out of the bottle so I don't really know what you mean. The stuff I use is Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser - is that the one you're talking about?

MemberMember
(@genodus)

Posted : 03/04/2004 11:23 pm

I have been doing this for about 4 days. And so far, so good. Although i dont do it to the full extent. I dont LEAVE it on. I steam my face with hot water. Then dry it, but not completely. Then use the Cetaphil. I rub it on my skin for like 5 mintues, until it has all dissolved into my skin and my skin feels sticky. Then afetr 10-15 mins I wash it off. My skin does look great while it is still on so maybe I should leave it on all day. looks so radiant.

MemberMember
(@circle)

Posted : 03/05/2004 4:17 pm

I did that today,working it into a white cream with my hands before applying and its alot better.

You dont need as much either that way.

One problem though not using water is,how do u freshen up ur eyes when theres no water going on ur face?

My feel kinda gunky and I like them fresh :S

MemberMember
(@amyangel)

Posted : 11/25/2015 8:13 pm

If cetaphil is drying out your skin a bit is it okay to use st.ives moisturizer? I find cetaphil does. Make my skin look nice but it drys my already dried out skin and I also suffer from major acne