Notifications
Clear all

Kate Silverton and acne scars

MemberMember
(@hopeseed)

Posted : 02/07/2008 10:39 pm

I just thought this was a little interesting.

Kate Silverton is an anchor in the UK, and she got fraxel done for her acne scars because she was getting self conscious of this world turning into HD.

I think I agree with her concerns....my acne scars never really bothered me TOO much until digital cameras started getting so detailed that they could easily be pointed out in pictures.

Note: I did not start this topic to bash fraxel, rather to demonstrate that even tv stars are facing the same problems and decisions that we are currently going through. It also is to start discussion about what the dawn of HD means for us.

MemberMember
(@bulletproofaces)

Posted : 02/07/2008 11:06 pm

It also is to start discussion about what the dawn of HD means for us.

Hmm, I think the dawn of HD for us, means that, MAYBE, people will stop seeking perfection so much. I mean, if we can see "beautiful" people with skin flaws, maybe that will encourage us a little. However, I'm pretty certain that on some actresses, they now digitally enhance their skin, removing blemishes from the final cuts. Pretty ridiculous when you think about it. Just shows you how sick the media is... without it, we'd all be a lot less self conscious and be worrying about more significant things like how the US is becoming more like a dictatorship. haha

MemberMember
(@annakarenina83)

Posted : 02/08/2008 4:22 am

It also is to start discussion about what the dawn of HD means for us.

Hmm, I think the dawn of HD for us, means that, MAYBE, people will stop seeking perfection so much. I mean, if we can see "beautiful" people with skin flaws, maybe that will encourage us a little. However, I'm pretty certain that on some actresses, they now digitally enhance their skin, removing blemishes from the final cuts. Pretty ridiculous when you think about it. Just shows you how sick the media is... without it, we'd all be a lot less self conscious and be worrying about more significant things like how the US is becoming more like a dictatorship. haha

bulletproof faces I totally agree with you. HD is awesome for us 'normal' people because we can see that some models and actresses actually do have average or bad skin, veins, wrinkles, cellulite etc just like real women. no longer can they hide behind the blurriness of filters. and yeah heard keira knightley (spelling>?) gets a lot of her stuff digitally manipulated to cover her acne - she spoke about it in an interview once. lol @ USA becoming a dictatorship ... they have been neo-imperialists for quite some time I think its just becoming more apparent now. Freedom Next Time by John Pilger is a really good read about it (amongst other things)

MemberMember
(@rian202003)

Posted : 02/08/2008 6:06 am

I saw her doing the news a couple of days ago on the BBC and didn't notice any scars left on her face even though I knew about this article,,

Maybe she just had good make-up covering the botched job.

MemberMember
(@expectations)

Posted : 08/07/2013 8:40 pm

I read quite a dated news article about Kate's experience with Fraxel and it i think the main issue was that Kate was misguided about the length of time required for post Fraxel re:pair recovery. She had the impression downtime would be days when it was weeks. Sure, for some depending on the settings a few days downtime where you return to work mostly normal but not if you are employed in a position that draws attention to your appearance such as newsreading.