Notifications
Clear all

Apple Cider Vinegar vs. Vitamin E Oil?

MemberMember
(@tired-of-pigmentation)

Posted : 01/13/2008 1:00 pm

This isn't really concerning acne, since neither of these products make me break out.

I was using ACV in the summer, and then quit because of the smell. So I switched to Vitamin E oil. I'm not sure which one delivered better results, but I keep reading about people using ACV more than Vitamin E oil.

If you use ACV - what is your routine, and how effective has it been (time frame, etc.)?

If you use Vitamin E oil - same questions.

EDIT - I'm so frustrated. Everytime I think I'm doing something right, I keep reading the threads and seeing what other people do for their red marks. I guess I just need to be patient and let the Vitamin E oil do it's thing? I'm so tired of spending money on more products. My face is probably tired of it as well.

MemberMember
(@spotssuck)

Posted : 01/13/2008 3:24 pm

Hi- I have just been reading about the ACV and Baking soda regime. I haven't tried either of the two mentioned but would be really interested to hear peoples results that have tried these too.

I don't have that many scars but the ones i do have really bother me as they are soo obvious and hard to cover up. I don't really have any pitting it is mostly red marks.

I would be really grateful of some reviews on the regimes people have used to help clear a similar problem?

xxx

MemberMember
(@tired-of-pigmentation)

Posted : 01/13/2008 4:15 pm

Hi- I have just been reading about the ACV and Baking soda regime. I haven't tried either of the two mentioned but would be really interested to hear peoples results that have tried these too.

I don't have that many scars but the ones i do have really bother me as they are soo obvious and hard to cover up. I don't really have any pitting it is mostly red marks.

I would be really grateful of some reviews on the regimes people have used to help clear a similar problem?

xxx

Mine are just red marks as well, not that many either. They're very small, but they're still there. And I have a very light skin tone. The rest of my skin is beautiful except for the r ed marks that I always look at when I look in the mirror.

I do have slight pitting on my forehead, but it's been there for 2 years so it's not very noticeable and as widespread. Does anyone know if putting Vitamin E oil or ACV on this is even helping or am I wasting my time?

MemberMember
(@overman)

Posted : 01/14/2008 11:12 am

personally for me vitamin e oil is workin wonders, but it's the very high quality kind which means it's more expensive than vinegar (which didn't do much for my redmarks)

MemberMember
(@tired-of-pigmentation)

Posted : 01/14/2008 12:22 pm

personally for me vitamin e oil is workin wonders, but it's the very high quality kind which means it's more expensive than vinegar (which didn't do much for my redmarks)

The very high quality kind? Is this better than like, 400IU or whatever lol

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 01/14/2008 12:57 pm

I only used ACV for a couple of weeks. I bare the smell! I started using vitamin e oil from trader joes yesterday. I will update you on my progress.

MemberMember
(@tired-of-pigmentation)

Posted : 01/14/2008 1:29 pm

It seems like I am getting very good results with the Vitamin-E oil, although I have been doing it for about a month. A few marks have faded completely, and the rest are a lot less noticeable and I feel like I see a difference everyday.

I'm going to start applying during the day, only if I am home with nowhere to go, like today. Also twice a night, since it seems to absorb within the time I'm still awake.

MemberMember
(@kristeljade)

Posted : 06/16/2017 9:02 am

Do you think it's okay to use acv toner then after that apply vitamin e oil on the face?

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 06/16/2017 10:02 am

59 minutes ago, kristeljade said:

Do you think it's okay to use acv toner then after that apply vitamin e oil on the face?

this threat is kinda 8 years old