Notifications
Clear all

Preperation H!!??

MemberMember
(@_erin_)

Posted : 09/29/2007 7:20 pm

Uhh..... rumor has it Preperation H helps acne....???? Sounds odd.. but i'll try anything

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 09/29/2007 7:22 pm

I've heard it can temporarily shrink pore size, never tried it though....

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/01/2007 5:28 am

Preparation H has shark liver oil in it. Very very very bad for acne prone skin. If you want a vasoconstrictor, Visine would work fine for removing a bit of a zit's redness.

MemberMember
(@mikey06)

Posted : 10/01/2007 8:51 pm

I've read on a site before about using it to make a big inflamed pimple to go down. I used to try to pop a lot of my pimples which sometimes lead to my pimples puffing up and looking more like a big bug bite. I found some preperation H in my cabinet and tried it a few times. It actually made them go down a little bit.

MemberMember
(@incharge)

Posted : 10/02/2007 12:42 am

som1 told me that too,, but all this stuff is probably not a cure but more of a short term solution, eg. cortisone cream...it makes ur complexion smooth (not intended for acne tho) but it kinda works for it... FOR A SHORT TERM PERIOD THOUGH!...so this is proly jus another short term thing...

DKR works!!

MemberMember
(@tacoa)

Posted : 10/03/2007 12:49 pm

preparation H is for hemoroids silly.

MemberMember
(@candace92)

Posted : 09/15/2014 1:38 pm

I decided to try using Preperation H today for a cystic pimple on my chin. I was nervous because other reviews on the internet made it seem dangerous. I was scared it was going to burn, but it is actually very mild. I am using the multi-symptom ointment. It does have a little bit of a smell but nothing too strong. I thought about putting it all over my face but decided to a spot treatment to start. I will keep you posted on the progress of this product. I am using it to releive the pain, swelling, and redness of this acne. The ointment is a little runny, but no bad reactions or side effects.