Notifications
Clear all

HELP! What are all these tiny bumps on my forehead?

MemberMember
(@tinylittlebumps)

Posted : 05/23/2007 11:50 pm

I've always had very oily skin, and now and then, I'd get blackheads on my forehead, chin, or nose.

But in the past few days, I'm getting these clusters of tiny, hard, flesh-colored bumps all over my forehead. If I try to squeeze them, the only thing that happens is that they get redder!

Are these whiteheads? They don't look very white to me! It looks so bad... what should/can I do? I think what I really need to know first is what these are so I can start some research on how to fix it.

forehead1ue0.jpg

forehead2db9.jpg

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I don't know why my picture aren't showing up, but here's the link for them (of my forehead):

Forehead Pic 1

Forehead Pic 2

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 05/24/2007 12:32 am

They are closed comedones. It's a clogged pore. There's an excellent post by LionQueen about clearing tiny bumps. I'll find it and post the link.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;hl=tiny+bumps

Basically, you need to exfoliate your skin to clear those clogged pores and then keep them cleared. Some people find great success with salicylic acid, some with alpha hydroxy acids, some with mechanical exfoliation methods (like a baby's hair brush gently brushed on the face). I'm having great clearing with a glycolic acid product (AHA, or alpha hydroxy acid product), and exfoliation with a baby's hair brush.

You could even try going to an aesthetician for a facial. Make sure you go to one who has good references and is good with acne-prone skin.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...baby+hair+brush

MemberMember
(@tinylittlebumps)

Posted : 05/24/2007 6:39 pm

I'm having great clearing with a glycolic acid product (AHA, or alpha hydroxy acid product), and exfoliation with a baby's hair brush.

Is BP not recommended for this kind of acne? I thought BP was the product of choice for all kind of acne? I'm quite confused... will BP hurt me or help?

TIA

MemberMember
(@njdude2007)

Posted : 05/24/2007 9:47 pm

i have the same problem as tinylittlebumps

MemberMember
(@xxbobmckeexx)

Posted : 05/24/2007 11:58 pm

read my post, "why some are clear"

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 05/25/2007 4:01 am

I'm having great clearing with a glycolic acid product (AHA, or alpha hydroxy acid product), and exfoliation with a baby's hair brush.

Is BP not recommended for this kind of acne? I thought BP was the product of choice for all kind of acne? I'm quite confused... will BP hurt me or help?

TIA

BP might work for you. It's great for clearing up inflamed acne, as it kills the acne bacteria. Remember though that acne will only form if the pore is also clogged up. Exfoliation takes care of that part.

MemberMember
(@lil-ricki)

Posted : 05/25/2007 8:16 am

My forehead looked like that a few weeks ago. It all started when I stopped using my BP nightly and started using Carley's Clear and Smooth. I stopped using the Carley's because it was doing more harm than good for me. It took me weeks to get rid of those stupid bumps. My forehead is improving. It's not completely smooth, but it's way better than it was before. I am currently doing this as my regimen:

AM - wash face with Johnson and Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash and apply Paula's Choice 2% BHA with a cotton square, then apply makeup

PM - wash face same as a.m., apply Stridex Power Pad to face (it has 2.5% BP) and after that dries apply Queen Helene Mint Julep mask to problem areas

I am seeing an improvement in my skin overall and especially on my forehead.

MemberMember
(@bluray)

Posted : 05/26/2007 6:05 am

I have to try that Paula's Choice, I have the same problem as TinyLittleBumps but on a much smaller scale.

MemberMember
(@tinylittlebumps)

Posted : 06/14/2007 1:13 am

Progress Update!

At the same time as my first post, I read through a lot of other posts and did some research. What I decided to do was to deep clean my face every other night with apple cider vinegar, and also use 2.5% BP every night (on nights when I use the ACV, I would wait about 1/2 hour before applying the BP). I wash my face every morning and night with Clean & Clear, though it usually doesn't matter what I use to wash my face. I tend to stick to whatever's on sale and have been using the Clean & Clear for months now.

I also bought a baby brush to manually exfoliate, but I forgot to do it after the first couple days.

However, it is working! My skin is so much smoother now. There are still some bumps, but they're flatter! I'm going to stick to this and keep you updated. Hopefully, this will help someone else.

post-58613-1181801501_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@mr-big)

Posted : 06/14/2007 1:20 am

WOW! What a difference! That's awsome.

MemberMember
(@acnethedevil)

Posted : 06/14/2007 1:37 am

Progress Update!

At the same time as my first post, I read through a lot of other posts and did some research. What I decided to do was to deep clean my face every other night with apple cider vinegar, and also use 2.5% BP every night (on nights when I use the ACV, I would wait about 1/2 hour before applying the BP). I wash my face every morning and night with Clean & Clear, though it usually doesn't matter what I use to wash my face. I tend to stick to whatever's on sale and have been using the Clean & Clear for months now.

I also bought a baby brush to manually exfoliate, but I forgot to do it after the first couple days.

However, it is working! My skin is so much smoother now. There are still some bumps, but they're flatter! I'm going to stick to this and keep you updated. Hopefully, this will help someone else.

I don't think apple cider is very good for your face. I forgot the exact details but I remember seeing a dermatologist on tv who said that b/c it's acidic it'll do more harm then good to your face, and using it has the possibility of causing eczema??

You know I had the exact same problem as you on my forehead...it's hard to get rid off... at least for me cuz I used to pick at them and new ones replaced the old spots and my forehead has been bumpy for.... can't even remember now. But my forehead has become really clearer now...no more zits forming on my forehead. I think i can relate recent improvement on my skin to two things: I've started to exercise and when i exercise i do it for at least an hour at a time, and I make myself sweat. Also, I've been taking cod liver oil capsules two a day.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/14/2007 2:16 am

Terrific improvement! Hope it remains that way for you. :)

Ghost08 liked
MemberMember
(@tinylittlebumps)

Posted : 06/14/2007 3:03 am

I don't think apple cider is very good for your face. I forgot the exact details but I remember seeing a dermatologist on tv who said that b/c it's acidic it'll do more harm then good to your face, and using it has the possibility of causing eczema??

You know I had the exact same problem as you on my forehead...it's hard to get rid off... at least for me cuz I used to pick at them and new ones replaced the old spots

I've found more good (and a lot of it) anecdotal testimonials about ACV than bad, and so far, it doesn't seem to be hurting me so I'll continue to use it unless something changes. I tried to drink it the first few days because many people also said it helped with energy levels and internal cleansing, and I did feel a bit more zippy those days, but I just couldn't stomach the taste and stopped.

I too pick at my bumps... been trying hard not to. There's just something so satisfying about certain ones that when I squeeze, sometimes I "free" it and get a semi-hard little white grain. Most of the time though, I just end up irritating it, hence the few scars in the picture. >_< And once irritated, it seems a bunch of its little buddies come by to help it out. Must resist!

I'm also taking a daily multivitamin (GNC Women's Ultra Mega) and a combination of Flax, Fish & Borage oils. The oils are pretty recent, so I don't know if they're part of the reason why my skin is clearing or not, but I do notice that I usually have tired looking skin and dark circles under my eyes, and my skin looks brighter and less bluish/more golden, so I do think the vitamins and supplements are helping somehow. I only hope I can keep this up! 😀

MemberMember
(@kaila2)

Posted : 06/14/2007 6:59 am

I use to have the exact same thing. Don't squeeze them or try to pop them...I'm using a glycolic acid face wash and it cleared me very nicely..i would try that if i was you and as said above bye ^wynne exfoliation!! the glycolic acid is going to "chemically" exfoliate your skin, it also is going to dry you out a little so make sure your using a good moisturizer. But seriously glycolic acid will really help get rid of those, i saw impovement in a week, and they were gone in 3 weeks. Goodluck

MemberMember
(@tinylittlebumps)

Posted : 06/15/2007 4:20 pm

I am getting a better understanding of my skin. I know my skin tends to be on the oily side, and also, that I have relatively large pores that get clogged easily. I also feel that the rate at which my skin naturally sheds itself is slow.

My skin is getting much clearer now and I know that to keep it clear, I have to keep my skin clean and my pores clear. Consistency and dedication is key, and I know in the past there were times when I was too lazy or tired to wash my face or apply treatments. Not anymore! I also have learned that if I fail and get to the part where I do breakout, BP is what works for me to get rid of existing breakouts. So here's what I've learned.

Keep skin clean as much as possible:

- Wash face morning and night (using Cetaphil now)

- Don't touch face

- Don't use any unnecessary products on face (lotion, makeup, sunscreen that have lots of ingredients and can clog pores)

- Don't use oily products in hair and keep hair off face at night

Deep clean into pores:

- Using ACV to deep clean pores every other night after washing

- Using 2% SA solution to deep clean pores every 3rd morning after washing

Get rid of existing clogged pores:

- Using 2.5% BP every night

Exfoliate:

- My 2% SA pads have a slight texture that help exfoliate

- I also use a SA face scrub about once a week

- I use the baby brush method on my face when I remember, about every 3rd night

- Looking to add a chemical exfoliator, such as Green Cream, to help with the exfoliation

Inside Out:

- Drink plenty of water

- Take a multivitamin

- Take oils (Fish, Flax, Borage)

It seems to be working right now, and I hope to see more improvements in my skin once I add the Green Cream. I'll keep updating with pictures.

MemberMember
(@tinylittlebumps)

Posted : 06/22/2007 2:29 am

Here's an updated picture. I'm a lot tanner now (I tan very easily and quickly and it's been HOT in Los Angeles)! There's not much different from the last picture I took (10 days ago), but what's amazing is that it's around "that time of the month" for me and I almost always break out like crazy. Not now! Woo! Unfortunately, there's that dark spot you can see in my pics 1/2 way above my right brow. I just got the Green Cream yesterday and hope this will help fade it and even out my overall skin tone.

post-58613-1182497269_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/22/2007 3:08 am

Hi there. :) Enjoy the Green Cream. It's terrific. I also like the glycolic acid product I use (the Avon one).

You look terrific! Has anyone noticed how great your skin looks now?

MemberMember
(@tinylittlebumps)

Posted : 10/07/2008 6:20 pm

I do believe I am bumping a very old post. It's been over a year! :)

I wanted to provide an update because for the past 2 weeks I've been really in love with my skin and just had to share.

Okay, the regime I was so excited about all last year did work, but my problem was maintaining it. There was just so many different things to do and I'm a very simple (cough cough lazy cough) person.

What has been working for me, and maybe it will work for some of you, is that I wash my face in the morning with whatever gentle cleanser is on sale, apply 2% BHA, and at night my secret weapon:

COLD CREAM!

I know it may seem counter-productive. Cold cream feels like you are covering your face in lard. But I've been using it for two months now (just Walgreens brand) and my skin has never looked clearer or smoother. I just scoop out a small amount, massage it into my face, and wipe off with a warm, wet washcloth. It doesn't feel "clean" or even good, my skin actually feels kinda slick and greasy afterwards. I then again apply 2% BHA and go to bed. When I wake up, my skin is smooth and glowing. Even my lashes and eyebrows have been looking thicker and fuller.

I just know this has work for me and the regime is extremely simple. I'm happy I've found something that I can finally stick to, and maybe it'll work for someone else too.

I'll try to post updated pictures soon.

MemberMember
(@romsia)

Posted : 06/24/2009 2:16 am

Hey TinyLittleBumps,

OMG.. Your improvement is amazing... I know this is very old thread.. But I have similar problem.. So I thought I should ask here.. I want to know about your ACV and BP thing.. (I know you have updated a lot of things later, but I guess I can try this right now) Please let me know do you dilute the ACV.. N also you put BP directly on ACV.. I mean without washing the ACV..

I'll be glad if anyone else also knows about this...

Thanx...

MemberMember
(@acneruinsmylife)

Posted : 09/15/2009 5:11 pm

Congratulations! I love reading success stories!

This makes me want to use BP big time. I'll start by experimenting with forhead. It worked before.. but it occasionally makes me get nodules. Hm. I'd rather have one occasional nodule than always having smaller zits all over.

MemberMember
(@tinylittlebumps)

Posted : 11/14/2009 6:19 pm

Hi, I'm back!

For the past couple years, my acne has been under control. I use BP on the rare, big zits I get, but the clogged comedones on my forehead are gone. I've been using 2% BHA to keep my pores clean, but I also think a BIG factor is that I went on birth control (Trinessa aka OrthoTriCyclen) which helped tremendously.

However, after a few years on BCP, I am stopping because it is causing me to lose my hair. I won't get into the details, but a potential side effect of birth control pills is "scalp hair loss" and it seems that I am sensitive to it.

My skin is clear right now, but I expect it to go crazy as my body transitions off birth control pills, which could take about 6 months. After 6 months, my hormones level should be back to my natural levels and I hope at that point my "acne phase" is done with!

I am really worried about my acne coming back and cringe at that picture of my forehead I posted. It was touch deciding if I'd rather have acne or nasty bald spots, but in the end, I decided to get my body back to its natural state and go from there.

I will keep this thread updated. Good luck everybody!

MemberMember
(@icemango)

Posted : 11/15/2009 1:22 pm

I do believe I am bumping a very old post. It's been over a year! :)

I wanted to provide an update because for the past 2 weeks I've been really in love with my skin and just had to share.

Okay, the regime I was so excited about all last year did work, but my problem was maintaining it. There was just so many different things to do and I'm a very simple (cough cough lazy cough) person.

What has been working for me, and maybe it will work for some of you, is that I wash my face in the morning with whatever gentle cleanser is on sale, apply 2% BHA, and at night my secret weapon:

COLD CREAM!

I know it may seem counter-productive. Cold cream feels like you are covering your face in lard. But I've been using it for two months now (just Walgreens brand) and my skin has never looked clearer or smoother. I just scoop out a small amount, massage it into my face, and wipe off with a warm, wet washcloth. It doesn't feel "clean" or even good, my skin actually feels kinda slick and greasy afterwards. I then again apply 2% BHA and go to bed. When I wake up, my skin is smooth and glowing. Even my lashes and eyebrows have been looking thicker and fuller.

I just know this has work for me and the regime is extremely simple. I'm happy I've found something that I can finally stick to, and maybe it'll work for someone else too.

I'll try to post updated pictures soon.

hola..you said you used cold cream..may i know what cold cream did you use?

MemberMember
(@tinylittlebumps)

Posted : 11/15/2009 3:19 pm

hola..you said you used cold cream..may i know what cold cream did you use?

I use cold cream to remove makeup (which don't wear very often to begin with). I just use whatever is on sale or cheaper: Ponds or Walgreens brand.

MemberMember
(@splouge69)

Posted : 11/15/2009 7:23 pm

hey!!!!

I get flesh colored bumps on my forehead too! ;[ a bunnch of them, have been getting them there for a couple years (im 16)

so what do u recommend i do? i use retin-A no help, and a nutrogena cleanser-no help

what was your method? cold cream? i just wana make sure im understanding this right

and what is BHA? sorry im unfamiliar with the term ;[

i never thought it was possible to get rid of these without surgeory!

MemberMember
(@tinylittlebumps)

Posted : 11/15/2009 8:32 pm

hey!!!!

I get flesh colored bumps on my forehead too! ;[ a bunnch of them, have been getting them there for a couple years (im 16)

so what do u recommend i do? i use retin-A no help, and a nutrogena cleanser-no help

what was your method? cold cream? i just wana make sure im understanding this right

and what is BHA? sorry im unfamiliar with the term ;[

i never thought it was possible to get rid of these without surgeory!

As I updated in my last post, my #1 solution was going on Birth Control Pills. That really helped a lot.

Beyond that, I used a 2% BHA (beta hydroxy acid) to keep my pores clear. A good one is by Paula's Choice http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/two-pe...-aha-exfoliants .

On my occasional big zits, I used 2.5% BP, like CVS brand.

And to remove makeup, I used cold cream which for me did a good job of getting all the makeup without breaking me out.

I hope this helps, but I think birth control pills where the biggest factor though.