vitalize peel

MemberMember
(@dog20)

Posted : 11/07/2006 9:57 pm

anyone ever done it? how'd it go?

MemberMember
(@yellowphaze)

Posted : 11/10/2006 11:36 pm

It's a peel not as strong as a TCA, similar to glycolic, but with AHA/BHA and retinoic acid. My friend had it

done and it really gave good results, it costed him $150. It can only be done by a doctor, unless you're really stupid and buy it on eBay and do it yourself. However if you're gonna do it, don't plan on leaving your house for 4 days, you really won't look yourself and all eyes will be on you.. word of advice

MemberMember
(@mclere)

Posted : 11/12/2006 7:47 am

This is my first post. I just did my first vitalize peel Thursday so 3 days ago. It only took about 10-15 minutes. It stung a bit but I just held a little hand held fan to my face and it was fine. On a scale from 1-10 (10) being the worse I would say it was a 4/5. I came home with a yellow face. It stays yellow for an hour or two then later that night for me my face was RED...lol. I begane to peel the very next day and yesterday which was Saturday it was peeling all over. It itches because you can not peel off the skin so its a bit annoying felt like little hairs on my face. When you wash your face your able to use circle mtions to held remove the skin. This morning my face it still red?? but mostly peeling around the edges of my face. My face feels like i have a gel mask on very tight feeling. I paid $150 for my treatment. I will go 1 week after the peel to get a microderm to remove and help polish up the skin more. I already see some improvements but am a tiny bit worried I have a few new pimples on the fresh part and don't want those areas to get screwed up. I am trying not to touch my face at all. I just can't freakin wait to go get a microderm on Thursday. I do think with me doing a combo of vitalize peels and microderm I should gain great results. This is a last resort thing for me before I have to get on accutane...ugh! Hope this helps. But so far I think its been worth it tohugh I have only done 1 peel so far.

anyone ever done it? how'd it go?

MemberMember
(@dog20)

Posted : 11/12/2006 10:50 am

This is my first post. I just did my first vitalize peel Thursday so 3 days ago. It only took about 10-15 minutes. It stung a bit but I just held a little hand held fan to my face and it was fine. On a scale from 1-10 (10) being the worse I would say it was a 4/5. I came home with a yellow face. It stays yellow for an hour or two then later that night for me my face was RED...lol. I begane to peel the very next day and yesterday which was Saturday it was peeling all over. It itches because you can not peel off the skin so its a bit annoying felt like little hairs on my face. When you wash your face your able to use circle mtions to held remove the skin. This morning my face it still red?? but mostly peeling around the edges of my face. My face feels like i have a gel mask on very tight feeling. I paid $150 for my treatment. I will go 1 week after the peel to get a microderm to remove and help polish up the skin more. I already see some improvements but am a tiny bit worried I have a few new pimples on the fresh part and don't want those areas to get screwed up. I am trying not to touch my face at all. I just can't freakin wait to go get a microderm on Thursday. I do think with me doing a combo of vitalize peels and microderm I should gain great results. This is a last resort thing for me before I have to get on accutane...ugh! Hope this helps. But so far I think its been worth it tohugh I have only done 1 peel so far.

i heard you shouldn't help it peel, cause that can cause scarring or a rash. i also think you're not supposed to do microderm a week after. that sounds a bit to early. i would wait 4 weeks after the peel.

It's a peel not as strong as a TCA, similar to glycolic, but with AHA/BHA and retinoic acid. My friend had it

done and it really gave good results, it costed him $150. It can only be done by a doctor, unless you're really stupid and buy it on eBay and do it yourself. However if you're gonna do it, don't plan on leaving your house for 4 days, you really won't look yourself and all eyes will be on you.. word of advice

omfg. my peel is 3 hours before my 2 classes. then the next 5 consecutive days i have work :(. should i quit my job? -_-.

update: i noticed i have 3 days off from school cause of thanksgiving. so i can schedule the peel then and be embarassed at thanksgiving infront of my mom, brother, dad, grandma, and uncle. or have it done after and get behind in school :|.

update 2: i'm getting the peel done while i'm off from school. umm i'm gonna look like shit on thanksgiving though. i might just not leave my room.

MemberMember
(@beany)

Posted : 11/13/2006 10:59 pm

how many peels did your friend get?

MemberMember
(@desperate11)

Posted : 05/02/2009 7:32 pm

I have had really bad acne for about 10 months now..i used prescriptions and salycilic acid peels to get rid of the acne, and now that 90% of that is gone, i have horrible, horrible scars. none of them are TOO pitted, but they are a little, it is mainly really dark red marks, so after the acne was under control i started on vitalize peels and i think that is the only thing that has really helped my skin since i started all of these peels. they are AMAZING, i was really red the first day, the second day i was completely fine, like i never even got a treatment, so i was kind of dissapointed because i thought.."great just like all the other peels"..but then the 3rd day my face peeled SO bad, which was good because the top layer of skin just peeled off, i got another one and i saw een better results, and now i just got my 3rd yesterday. i paid $160 for my peels but they are really worth it. im getting the Fraxel skin resurfacing laser in about 2 1/2 weeks to hopefully speed up the process, but i have my fingers crossed!

MemberMember
(@happyskin4u2)

Posted : 05/20/2011 9:13 pm

MemberMember
(@bleb)

Posted : 12/09/2013 4:50 pm

Did my first vitalize peel back in October, and have had great results (scars faded, little to no breakouts...also use Differin gel at night and prescription sulfur wash). After seeing the great results from the first one, I am going in for my second this week (now December). My dermatologist pushed for me to go on Accutane but I think the cons outweigh the pros (I only get acne on my cheeks, other than that my forehead, chin, and nose are completely clear), so I'm continuing with the Vitalize Peels and my normal regimen.

Breakdown:

Got the peel done on a Thursday - took 15-20 mins, cost $185, face stung a bit (I shaved before), and had a yellowish look

Friday- Face was red, looked sunburnt, little peeling

Saturday- Peeling in full force, looked like my face was red, snowy mess, definitely irritating, used moisturizer to combat itchiness (doc recommended moisturizing twice daily - morning and night)

Sunday - Last day of peeling, still itchy

Monday - Face was mostly red, irritation decreased

Tuesday- Still kind of red, not as bad as the past two days

Wednesday- Skin almost looks completely normal, still a bit red, but only if you really look for it

Overall: highly recommend, you're literally stuck in the house for a couple days, but the results last. Doc says 3-4 peels are normal, but after the first one, I'm thinking two may give me the results I'm shooting for. If you have scars, this is definitely the way to go.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 12/09/2013 8:22 pm

Did my first vitalize peel back in October, and have had great results (scars faded, little to no breakouts...also use Differin gel at night and prescription sulfur wash). After seeing the great results from the first one, I am going in for my second this week (now December). My dermatologist pushed for me to go on Accutane but I think the cons outweigh the pros (I only get acne on my cheeks, other than that my forehead, chin, and nose are completely clear), so I'm continuing with the Vitalize Peels and my normal regimen.

Breakdown:

Got the peel done on a Thursday - took 15-20 mins, cost $185, face stung a bit (I shaved before), and had a yellowish look

Friday- Face was red, looked sunburnt, little peeling

Saturday- Peeling in full force, looked like my face was red, snowy mess, definitely irritating, used moisturizer to combat itchiness (doc recommended moisturizing twice daily - morning and night)

Sunday - Last day of peeling, still itchy

Monday - Face was mostly red, irritation decreased

Tuesday- Still kind of red, not as bad as the past two days

Wednesday- Skin almost looks completely normal, still a bit red, but only if you really look for it

Overall: highly recommend, you're literally stuck in the house for a couple days, but the results last. Doc says 3-4 peels are normal, but after the first one, I'm thinking two may give me the results I'm shooting for. If you have scars, this is definitely the way to go.

Thanks for your progress update! Besides the red marks, did the peel help soften any actual scars you may have had? Does it stimulate collagen production?