Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] skin colored bumps on chin treatment

MemberMember
(@mza93)

Posted : 08/12/2019 5:50 pm

Has anyone been able to get rid of these bumps or reduce them with theclotrimazole? Ive had these bumps for years on my chin and I really dont like them. Ive cleared up most of my acne I get the odd pimple here and there but looking at these scars annoys me because it looks like I have a clogged up chin but really theyre scars. like everyone else when the skin stretches they flatten! The only thing that makes me feel a bit weird about using just theclotrimazole is not using moisturiser???

MemberMember
(@foxychick)

Posted : 10/29/2019 7:19 am

Hi !! I have these bumps too. Glad to know im not the only one !!!

One dermatologist treated those bumps on my chin with diluted steroid injections whichworked for a bit but these bumps just came back. I think the injections were too diluted with lidocaine. Went there again and same thing happened, they start to disappear for a bit buteventually come back. Dermatologists are in general reluctant about treating these bumps.

I've recently had a fractional ablative laser treatment andas I suspected laserdidn't help in reducing them.On the contrary some more hidden ones have surfaced.

Iread online that these scars are called Papular scars and theygo away with Intralesional radiofrequency treatments. I've asked for a dermatologist appointment to ask about this until thenI thought of trying out Clotrimazole, Aussie scientist has a point, it could be fungal acne from toothpaste foam as everyone seems to be getting these bumps on the chin area. I wonder if anyone has tried Clotrimazole yet and if it worked???I bought the tube and going to try now. It only cost me 3euros, so not much to lose there.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 10/29/2019 10:33 am

does your bump gets flat if stretched? mine does and i think it's a type of hypertrophic scarrings. mine came out after too harsh of retinol usage. i somehow don't think it's fungal acne unless your skin elsewhere also affected by this fungal condition but please do share your experience using the anti fungal cream.

also has anyone tried to ablate them with CO laser or cauterization?

MemberMember
(@foxychick)

Posted : 10/29/2019 11:48 am

Yes my bumps do get flatwhen stretched. They are also fuller in the mornings when my face is swollen. I will post updates on the antifungal cream.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 10/30/2019 10:24 am

Foxychick

Yes, it's the same with mine. In the morning it'd look bigger because of the oily face i think in my case. Please do update with the antifungal cream. I read above you have done fractional laser. I've done CO2 in the past, some disappeared up to now but some stayed. I feel it's due to the dermatologist doing it as well. Mine was not attentive and even missing some of the bumps.

MemberMember
(@foxychick)

Posted : 10/31/2019 1:30 pm

3 days with antifungal cream. No change. Will try for another 4 days.
Ive seen Aussie scientist suggesting Clotrimazole for absolutely everyskin problem. Im losing faith that itll work for me.
If it were a fungal problem, dermatologists would be able to diagnose it. They are probably Papular acne - to be cured by steroid injections. I have an appointment for these injections on hold because I thought of giving this cream a try.

MemberMember
(@foxychick)

Posted : 11/02/2019 5:47 am

Done with Clotrimazole. It irritates my skin and hasn't improved my bumpsat all. If its fungal, the cream would have worked by now.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 11/02/2019 11:39 am

Agree, if it's fungal , it'd subdued by no time. The fungal cream is also quite greasy, could cause further clogging. Thanks for updating Foxychick.

IMHO try CO2 laser but find a derm who's good at it. It'd definitely ablate the bumps but has to do in moderation otherwise could cause further scarring. How big are your bumps? I read it should be quite a size otherwise it could cause depression with steroid injection

MemberMember
(@depresso)

Posted : 11/07/2019 10:36 am

People on this thread. Hello! I think I'm dealing with something similar. Non inflammatory raised bumps on my chin. I'm attaching a picture of my chin where they can be spotted. What are your thoughts? any help/insight would be appreciated!!

PhotoGrid_1569053123638.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/21/2019 12:01 pm

Hi, I came across this topic while looking for something else. I haven't heard the term "pebblestone" scarring, but I've heard of perifollicular elastolysis, aka papular acne scars. You ca. google it. That's the diagnosis of Prof Chu for this type of raised scarring. I had 4 of those on my lower face. It's treatable. Prof Chu ablates them with the help of a device called Hyfricator. It took 3 sessions to flatten then out to the point of no raised scarring.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 11/24/2019 11:46 pm

@NuageBlanche

thanks for sharing. mine does not come from acne but from too harsh retinol product for my skin. How big is your bumps? i wonder why it could not be ablated at once since i've seen YouTube video, 1 big bump could even get removed in 1 single session by electrocautery. I think Hyfrecator is a type of electrocautery as well

Is this the doctor you referred as Prof. Chu?

[Edited link out]

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/25/2019 12:54 am

@poorbunny888

That's the doctor yes, he was very cautious hence the 3 sessions. But I had other treatments with him so I wasn't going in just for the hyfricator. Yes. It is electrocautery. The device has to be used very carefully. He just barely touched the bumps. It left a scab of 2-3 mm, very tiny. I never got more damage from Chu. I had bad experience when his colleague Dr. Anil used it full force and made wounds to my skin (dr Chu wasn't available then). It was very traumatic experience watching my skin oozing big time for days. My skin healed but I still have one indentation bc of Anil. So be careful!

Ihad more info on the device - it's the Hyfricator 2000 by ConMed that the Professor was using. My lumps were not that big but elevated. Now they are much better, I can cover them with make up and they look like a small roughness nothing major. I can send you pictures on pm if you want.

I guess you can get them from retinol too. It's due to loss of elastin. We don't heal as we should we heal with scarring.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 12/04/2019 1:27 am

@NuageBlanche

Yes, please do PM me. i'm facing a fickle here coz i think my bumps are getting more due to the retinol treatment i'm doing right now but if i don't do the retinol then my PIE would just stay there forever :(

i guess most of us here experience sensitive skin and slower healing process

Looking forward to your PM, that'd help me a lot in getting to know how many treatments would be needed for my bumps as well

MemberMember
(@karma-lhazegmail-com)

Posted : 08/18/2020 6:03 am

Has anyone had any success using any treatment? If youhad any kind ofsuccess, was it a lasting one as I read some peoples bumps have returned after 6 months of successful treatment. I have a similar problem after many years of persistent chin acne. Im going to start using Nourisil MD silicone gel to see if it will have any effect. Thank you for any reply in advance. I dont see many posts to read online on pebblestone scarring.

MemberMember
(@myhope)

Posted : 08/26/2020 11:39 am

These are likely papules/cobblestone/pebblestone scars, I have them on my chin and just had them treated with a fractional ablative laser in July. I am in the healing process but have definitely noticed some improvement in the depth of the scars.

Here's a study done if you are interested https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/dth.12512

Space& liked
MemberMember
(@marie528)

Posted : 08/26/2020 11:58 am

I had non-ablative fractional laser and it didn't do a thing for them unfortunately. I am unable to do ablative because of the risk of permanent hyperpigmentation. I'm looking into electrocauterization or refraction removal.

MemberMember
(@myhope)

Posted : 08/26/2020 11:32 pm

HI Marie28, sorry to hear that, are your bumps on your chin or on your nose?

From everything I read the laser needs to be ablative, i recall my doctor saying that electrocauterization was an method he usesin addition to steroid injections andthe ablative laser.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 08/28/2020 6:08 am

@myhope

What's the difference of cauterization and ablative laser methodsfor getting rid of the bumps? I thought they're both work just the same by shaving the surface of the bumps . Glad to hear progress of yours. They could be quite stubborn though small in sizes. What is your doc prognosis of your bumps ie. Papules, pebble scarring etc?

@Marie528

It has to be ablative as you'd need to shave the surface of the skin. I don't think hyperpigmentation would be the issue unless your bumps are quite huge. If the bumps are of small sizes, the pigmentation would look like tiny PIH. Go to docs that are not of aggresive nature so they won't cause more hyperpigmentation than it should. Even for tiny sized bumps, it could take more than once to avoid any scarring. HTH

MemberMember
(@karma-lhazegmail-com)

Posted : 08/28/2020 5:57 pm

Thank you for people who have replied. Going to dermatologist and getting treatments like laser or removal of bumps is not my choice as I dont haveso much money to spend on treatmentsthat cannot guarantee to make my skin betteror worse end up getting side effects that may create new problems which will then be an endless battle. I cannot afford to gamble with my skin which has already suffered so much for so long.Therefore, Im only sticking to what I can do to make it better. If not better, then I wouldnt damage my skin nor would loose so much money. Im currently using the silicone gel. Will expect first signs of resultafter 6 months. I have just discovereda scar gel called Derma E. It claims to be especially good for lumpy, bumpy and raised acne scar. Now Im thinking which one to use first? Derma E scar gel or Nourisil MD scar gel. I know its hard, but I stillwish you all a beautiful and healthy skin.

MemberMember
(@wax)

Posted : 09/22/2020 5:46 pm

On 8/26/2020 at 9:39 AM, myhope said:

These are likely papules/cobblestone/pebblestone scars, I have them on my chin and just had them treated with a fractional ablative laser in July. I am in the healing process but have definitely noticed some improvement in the depth of the scars.

Here's a study done if you are interested https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/dth.12512

I hope you can provide updates on your results! I'm looking into doing the same procedure for the bumps on my chin.

MemberMember
(@curiousscars)

Posted : 11/01/2020 11:27 pm

On 8/26/2020 at 9:39 AM, myhope said:

I read that study! Did they use the pinhole method with the laser during your treatment? Would you mind sharing how you're doing now? Fingers crossed for you.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 11/03/2020 2:40 am

On 11/2/2020 at 11:27 AM, curiousscars said:

I read that study! Did they use the pinhole method with the laser during your treatment? Would you mind sharing how you're doing now? Fingers crossed for you.

EDIT: Check about pinhole methods but for other skin concerns than bumps. it's actually according to its name, the laser creates pinhole size of wound to penetrate quite deeply up to dermis to treat larger areas. so instead of treating the whole area, only couples of pinholes of laser needed resulting inless disrupted skin and better recovery time.i think it's suitable for big size of bumps. mine aresmall , the size of a pinhole itself.

interesting! do you know more what actually pinhole method is? i'm actually going to treat my depressed acne scar with Fractional Erbium Yag Laser. the machine is called Dermablate. well it's a (partially) ablative laser so make sense if it could be used for treating bumps. so far the clinic i go treat patients with depressed acne scars successfully with this laser

but i also have bumps which i'd like to treat next on my chin. i'm not sure if they're papular acne scars though as there's no acne before the bumps are formed. would like to know more about what the doc do or what setting is for the pinhole method

MemberMember
(@curiousscars)

Posted : 11/04/2020 12:51 pm

On 11/2/2020 at 11:40 PM, poorbunny888 said:

EDIT: Check about pinhole methods but for other skin concerns than bumps. it's actually according to its name, the laser creates pinhole size of wound to penetrate quite deeply up to dermis to treat larger areas. so instead of treating the whole area, only couples of pinholes of laser needed resulting inless disrupted skin and better recovery time.i think it's suitable for big size of bumps. mine aresmall , the size of a pinhole itself.

interesting! do you know more what actually pinhole method is? i'm actually going to treat my depressed acne scar with Fractional Erbium Yag Laser. the machine is called Dermablate. well it's a (partially) ablative laser so make sense if it could be used for treating bumps. so far the clinic i go treat patients with depressed acne scars successfully with this laser

but i also have bumps which i'd like to treat next on my chin. i'm not sure if they're papular acne scars though as there's no acne before the bumps are formed. would like to know more about what the doc do or what setting is for the pinhole method

Historically, I believe it has been used to reduce burn scars pretty effectively. The paper that was linked was about papular scars (pebble/cobble stone scars), so the small hypertrophic scars that show up on the chin and that can also form on the trunk. Mine are also very small, but it seems as though the lasers are accurate enough to target them, though there may be a cutoff point where the smallest can't be treated. I am very interested in trying it but I haven't heard of any derms who use the technique in my state.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 11/05/2020 11:27 am

@curiousscars

I think even withthe size as small asours, the technique has to be gentler too in the form of more than 1 procedures. Otherwise it might do more damage than just tiny bumps. I've had co2 laser and my doc just swiftly ablated them. Some of them disappearedbut some of them just decrease or don't even budge. I felt my derm was commercial because i think she should be able to fix them within 1 treatment but i also hearbad stories about scarring left due to ablating the whole bumps within 1 treatment. I think the best goal to keep in mind that itmight not go as flat as previous but to the point much less visible

Also with small bumps make sure you mark them because derms could view different/other area as the problem thus, treat wrongly

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/01/2021 12:05 pm

On 11/5/2020 at 5:27 PM, poorbunny888 said:

@curiousscars

I think even withthe size as small asours, the technique has to be gentler too in the form of more than 1 procedures. Otherwise it might do more damage than just tiny bumps. I've had co2 laser and my doc just swiftly ablated them. Some of them disappearedbut some of them just decrease or don't even budge. I felt my derm was commercial because i think she should be able to fix them within 1 treatment but i also hearbad stories about scarring left due to ablating the whole bumps within 1 treatment. I think the best goal to keep in mind that itmight not go as flat as previous but to the point much less visible

Also with small bumps make sure you mark them because derms could view different/other area as the problem thus, treat wrongly

Hi Poorbunny,

did you have success with the Erbium ablative for your raised scars and where did you have them treated? I have a few of these scars on my chin and I've had Genius treatment for them as well as for other scars. But they won't budge! After 2 Genius treatments I have seen no improvement on them and I'm thinking it's because they need to be ablated with laser and injected with steroids. My doctor didn't mention this option to me, but I saw on his IG account that he offers it to other patients. Very frustrating. Did you manage to get rid of your raised scars? Can you recommend a doctor? Thanks!