Notifications
Clear all

My Scars on my back

MemberMember
(@matthias2001)

Posted : 02/26/2018 1:35 am

I™m a 16 year old and I play football. I can™t off my shirt because of my scars on my chest shoulders and back. I was 13 Year™s old when I started getting acne on my back and I thought it was nothing you know. Then it got really bad and I didn™t want to tell anyone cause I thought it would just go away. It just kept getting worst and then it went to my face and chest. Then I was like damn i fu&ked up. I still didn™t want to show anyone my chest and back so I kept it from my parent until they saw it. They saw how bad it was and started getting me acne creams. Until last year I went to a dermatologist and they put me on acutane. My acne went away and my face is looking good. Now I have scars to deal with. They hold me back from getting intimate with chicks and the scars just ate my confidence up. I have keloids on my chest shoulders and back. I have boxcar scars on my back all the down to my asscrack. I asked my dermatologist about it and she said that there™s laser and injection treatment. But she said well deal with that after the acne is gone. It™s gone and now she put me on tretanoin. It™s workig but I want to have the keloids completely flat. I™m good with the rest but it™s just the keloids that make me feel gross and like a raisen. I was wondering how much treatment is and what is the best treatment. Also is there anyone else out there? I would like to here your stories. These are what make me chick repellent. 

8BCA27AA-9717-42F5-BA3E-B50CE2A696A9.jpeg

CEB191AD-3723-422A-B6AB-1A3ED3F1A34A.jpeg

0EC13B80-8295-49A5-849B-6A7CA6F1BFF0.jpeg

3BD67D3E-9B70-4F6E-BCFA-078EAD740911.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/26/2018 3:35 am

The below is from the FAQ. The best one can do today for these types of scars is inject them if they are raised Keloid w/ steroid and laser them. The back is a terrible place for healing, less vascularity. A popular treatment is Fractional laser with steriod drip. Goto someone who specializes in scars - specifically Keloids.

@Obi wan What are your thoughts on this?

There are two basic types of Raised scar types:

• Hypertrophic scars - are scars that are raised above the skin surface but remain within the boundaries of the original injury. Scarring and can be treated with silicone sheets , liquid silicone, or cortisone injections (provided by dermatologist). Color can be treated with the V-Beam / QuadroStar Pro Yellow Laser. The treatment options include laser ablation, electrodessication, or surgical excision. Other options for the treatment of elevated scars include injection of bleomycin, cryotherapy, topical application of imiquimod, flurandrenolide, tacrolimus, and silicon gel. Intralesional injection of botulinum toxin has been shown to reduce scar formation. Pressure, flavonoids, TGF, mannose-phosphate, and IFN25 were also listed as helpful.

00002314_standalone.jpg00001176_standalone.jpg

• Keloid scars - which are raised scars that extend BEYOND the boundaries of the original sore, blemish or injury. It is scar tissue gone wild. It can continue to grow. Some people are genetically prone to keloid scarring. (Treatments are the same as Hypertrophic Scars above, with steroid injection & cryosurgery being the number one treatment for the raised texture).

keloids_hypertrophic_scars.jpgback.jpg