Notifications
Clear all

Fresh red scars (Back is annihilated)

MemberMember
(@snaapdanny)

Posted : 02/24/2016 1:29 pm

Hey guys so my shoulders arms back and stomach flared up with nasty cysts.. acne vulgaris.. 
It is all pretty much gone but the damage is unbelievable... It is every where and this amount as well..

I cannot eat greasy foods anymore.
These marks are all fresh and was wondering what is the right route.
Help me out im not confident anymore to go shirtless anywhere it is really upsetting.

12744713_1028755960503785_5899980805550344247_n.jpg

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/24/2016 2:27 pm

Try reading about tretinoin and AHA. They are good options for the red acne marks and even existing acne.

I used AHA (10% glycolic acid) cream every day and night for about 3-4 months to get rid of the red marks. It took a while but the acne I had on my face was severe so I had to have patience while on that thing.

MemberMember
(@snaapdanny)

Posted : 02/24/2016 7:09 pm

I've tried tretinoin but haven't tried glycolic.

I know laser treatment has helped red marks on my face but would be too costly to do my entire body..

Anyone experience the same red marks and have any more suggestions ?

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 02/24/2016 8:31 pm

1 hour ago, snaapdanny said:

I've tried tretinoin but haven't tried glycolic.

I know laser treatment has helped red marks on my face but would be too costly to do my entire body..

Anyone experience the same red marks and have any more suggestions ?

Hi, has your back always been breaking out like your face for as long as you can remember, or is a 'flare up', that is, very sudden? I mean did you use to have a flawless back?

MemberMember
(@snaapdanny)

Posted : 02/25/2016 8:21 am

11 hours ago, Convinceme said:
Hi, has your back always been breaking out like your face for as long as you can remember, or is a 'flare up', that is, very sudden? I mean did you use to have a flawless back?

yes my back was flawless a few months ago.

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 02/25/2016 8:32 pm

12 hours ago, snaapdanny said:
On 25/02/2016 at 9:31 AM, Convinceme said:

yes my back was flawless a few months ago.

I'm guessing it's a sudden allergy that you never knew of. Have you consulted a dermatologist and told him that this was very sudden?

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 02/26/2016 1:30 am

A steroid user? No judgement.

High spf sunscreen over that, every day, clothes do not actually provide adequate sun protection, believe it or not.

Retin-A (or generic) and glycolic peels, higher than the 10% recommended above as your back skin is not as sensitive as your face)

Pulse dye laser if you have the money. (They're actually not very expensive compared to Fractional Co2, look into prices in your area and you might be pleasantly surprised.)

Are these indented?

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 02/26/2016 1:59 am

Consult with a dermatologist if you haven't already.

I know this isn't a fair comparasion but I would get 3 active breakouts on my back all the time when I would drinkdairy so I stopped and told my derm about my back and she gave me Retin A and that helped my back and it cleared me from the pigmentation and acne

MemberMember
(@snaapdanny)

Posted : 02/28/2016 3:12 pm

On 2/26/2016 at 0:30 AM, Nope.avi said:

A steroid user? No judgement.

High spf sunscreen over that, every day, clothes do not actually provide adequate sun protection, believe it or not.

Retin-A (or generic) and glycolic peels, higher than the 10% recommended above as your back skin is not as sensitive as your face)

Pulse dye laser if you have the money. (They're actually not very expensive compared to Fractional Co2, look into prices in your area and you might be pleasantly surprised.)

Are these indented?

good guess! Worst decision never again. Let's not talk about that though

Years ago I broke out on my face with cysts as well. Then my chest now everywhere. I have done lasers on my face. 3 sessions.

Redess went away completely.. but huge indentations...

Id say a few spots are indented but most are just red marks.
Can i use glycolic peels if I still have some active spot's ? These marks are new (past 6 months so it's fine ?)

Lasers around 500$. And yes derm has been helping me treat the active acne. Figured I'd come here before the dermatologist because of work. But this week I'm off. Do you think he can prescribe better peels? I'll go regardless most likely.

Taking all advice into consideration appreciate the reply.

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 03/01/2017 6:38 am

V beam laser for the redness
for the actual scars you can try microneedling but they are hard to treat, my situation is similar to yours

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)
MemberMember
(@ijese1811)

Posted : 09/18/2020 1:20 am

Once you get rid of the redness and do everything you can, if the scars are still pretty bad, you could always get a back tattoo to cover them. I know its not the best option butIm getting a tattoo on my shoulder to cover some scars I have from really bad breakouts I got while in the military.