Notifications
Clear all

How can i prevent a scar from forming?

MemberMember
(@plaindiploma)

Posted : 04/04/2018 8:15 pm

One Saturday I noticed i had a really big pimple which was one of the biggest I ever grew. I avoided touching it completely but on Tuesday it popped in the shower although I only rubbed soap on it. So I rubbed honey on it and it formed a scab quick and I thought I was fine. However the next day i woke up sleeping on that side and when I saw it, it was dented a bit but you could barely tell in the picture because it isn't that bad. I mostly care because my dog gets on my bed at times and also I think if I can avoid a scar now is the time to do someting. I've had like 4 or 5 pimples that size in 5 years and they all turned to light but wide scars that you can see in certain lighting so I want to avoid it from happening from now on.Is there anything you can do to prevent a scar? Something you find at home would be the best.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/04/2018 11:17 pm

These are not scars. They are wounds post acne or PIE. I see no scarring.

It will probably heal with time. The body is incredibly slow to heal. Try aloe vera as well. You probably need something like aHydrocolloidbandage to put over it.

Since you have your Dog on your bed, there could be bacteria, change your pillow, wash your sheets often, and cover the wound. Use dilute (water) white vinegar soaks on the spot, kills bacteria, splash it on.

Again cover the wound with a bandage. The damage might have occurred under the skin already, time will tell.

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 04/04/2018 11:42 pm

I see very light indented scarring as you mentioned.. I hate to say this as its completely unhelpful and (stupid/ obvious) advice that is always given in articles, but the best way to avoid scarring is to prevent the acne in the first place. If youre like me, thats not really possible after trying every damn treatment available without success lol. The one thing i have noticed that helps with hyper-pigmentation AND scarring is to use tea tree oil and any acne scar cream your skin can tolerate directly on the pimples. My skin scars so easily and this actually helps prevent it quite a bit.

MemberMember
(@plaindiploma)

Posted : 04/05/2018 12:28 am

Like I said they aren't deep maybe less than 1 mm and only visible in certain places.They are a bit wide One of them is like 3/4 of an inch. My skin texture is also uneven but you could only tell at a certain angle when im outdoors. The onei first mentioned that is the darkest in the picture i guess i canignore from now on and just keep it clean. I was wondering if a dermaroller would help with my skin texture.

Seattlegal you pointed what i wanted to talk about, And yes that's the solution to everything just avoid it in the first place. But I just recently got acne after like a year. I only get it when im stressed and I was sorta depressed lately because of a girl. I will try the oil though, do you think it will fully get rid of them? I want to do everything I can since some pores opened up and although theyre like the tip of a needle there are a lot and I heard you cant do anything about them.