Notifications
Clear all

I totally disagree with some of the recommendations from the scar treatments,,cringe worthy, actually! - Im not an MD

MemberMember
(@robinclooney)

Posted : 04/01/2018 10:56 pm

Hi all!

Im not an MD just getting that out first off...but! There is no way any derm worth their salt would suggest the following!

1) buying Retin-A and other treatments from eBay!!!! So not cool!

2) suggesting people should doextremely strong, deep professional grade peels AT HOME? I almost fainted at the suggestion of someone doing a TCA cross peel at home! On a forum where we are asking each other for advice on the basic levels, suggesting burning our skin (hey, yours, too!) from our face as an At Home Scar Treatment? Please, again just say NO!

3). Even putting lemon juice and vinegar on your skin"????? Now, imagine right now slathering some acid lemons and vinegar on your *delicate* skin? Im burning, squirming at the notion! Ch C.L. the ph levels of both lemon and vinegar for yet more proof why they dont belong on your face!

and as a note...when I say delicate skin Im not talking about how rough and tough your skill is and how much it can handle...I mean you get one skin for life! No do overs, so treat it for the long haul...what damage a midnight TCA peel can do cannot be reversed as of 2018!

XoXo

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/04/2018 11:10 pm

Your obviously not educated with the treatment options out there. Checkout Youtube, shock and suprise Drs teach you how to do peels at home.

A fourm of Adapalene also found in Retin A is sold OTC in many countries including the USA, your not up with the times. Goto target and buy Differin. The side effect is it also works on hyerpigmentation, pores, cell turnover. But sure go get a script for retin-a from a derm if you wish.

Retinoid vs. Retinol(Source Differine O.T.C.)

Think theyre the same? Not exactly. When it comes to treating acne, knowing the facts can make all the difference.

Topical retinoids play a crucial role in the treatment of acne. Retinoids like adapalene (the active ingredient inDifferin Gel is Adapalene) regulate skin cell turnover to keep pores from clogging and to control inflammation.

Retinol:

Simple vitamin A
Adapalene:

Advanced retinoid specifically designed for acne
Retinol:

Common ingredient found in food like meat and poultry, and in certain skin-care products
Adapalene:

Powerful, acne-fighting active ingredient inDifferinGel, previously available only by prescription
Retinol:

Not approved by the FDAto treat acne or any skin condition
Adapalene:

Far more potent than retinolthe only FDA-approved, prescription-strength retinoid acne treatment available over the counter (OTC)
Retinol:

Vitamin A must be broken down by the body into an active form to become useful
Adapalene:

Active from the get-go; starts working once you put it on your skin

No one told you to put lemon or vinegar, they are DIY treatments with the same components as acid peels. IF you know chemistry.

You must be not educated to the options, these are all legal in the USA where this site is located, if your country does not allow them ignore the post. Anyone with delicate skin should know better and goto a derm.

Putting makeup on your face can also screw it up, yet they sell toners, and all that OTC in any store. Any walmart has beauty devices that can ruine skin.

We provide information for you we do not make decisions for concern trolls. We are not your doctor, lawyer, preacher, therapist, or best friend. We provide information found anywhere on the internet.

GOTO A DOCTOR!!!!!

XoXo!

nufaceme liked
MemberMember
(@robinclooney)

Posted : 01/11/2019 5:47 pm

Um...no tretinoin is not sold OTC as you mentioned with adapalene...thats a retinoid yes in differin. Wrong name ...so youre the one not up with the times on that.

Um, I said this forum encourages strong peels at home scares me..this is not YouTube so why should I address that? For the record Id pass on any video from a derm or other skincare professional trying to teach me how to peel my face from a video..

Hehe, the vinegar and lemon comment from you is plain silly ...

i dont wear makeup nor did that come up so quit posting like posting like a baby..and Im not a troll on an acne forum

MemberMember
(@sfnathan80)

Posted : 01/15/2019 6:37 am

Indeed, suggesting professional grade peels and othernonsense such as vinegar and lemon juice are such dangerous quackery. Do not fall for it, always seek advice from a professional dermatologist, not some guy on internet boards dishing out shoddy and harmful information.