Notifications
Clear all

Hyper pigmentation/red marks

MemberMember
(@br6044)

Posted : 10/01/2016 1:22 am

Hi, I'm new here & I just wanted some help with my acne situation. I am a 16 year-old boy, I get pimples quite frequently, 2 to 3 pimples are always on my face. There's never a day where I have no pimples. But that's not the worst part. Everytime the pimples heal there's a red mark left behind. I don't even pop them so I don't understand why I get these marks. And this occurs only on my cheeks. I've recently been prescribed tretinoin by my dermatologist for the marks, and benzaclin for active acne. I stopped using them though because it was just getting worse. I see my skin slightly better when I don't apply anything to it. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm desperate. It's embarrassing for people to see my face like this /: I received the nickname "acne-face". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.image.jpegimage.jpeg

MemberMember
(@melmmg)

Posted : 10/13/2016 4:52 pm

You should try benzoyl peroxide but a low percentage pretty sure that should help if you do use it wear sunscreen at all time causes you to be sensitive to the sun.
See a dermatologist also your 16 you should get help, acne is a disease not cosmetic. Also my face looks like yours and I'm currently using an antibiotic and aczone in the morning and ziana at night. For now , my dark spots look like yours and I'm still getting acne but I still have to wait for my medication to work I guess  
good luck