Notifications
Clear all

How to get rid of acne scars

MemberMember
(@orie_hamasaki)

Posted : 06/26/2016 3:43 pm

I just finished accutane (so my face is still pretty sensitive) and my face has no raised spots/acne. However, my face is covered in hyperpigmentation scars which actually look like acne.Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get rid of these and fast?

MemberMember
(@moee91)

Posted : 06/27/2016 6:40 pm

You can use fresh lemons as your white skin so should work straight away 100% guaranteed results in 2 months of every day usage

MemberMember
(@orie_hamasaki)

Posted : 06/28/2016 4:10 am

Thank you!!

MemberMember
(@989898l)

Posted : 06/29/2016 2:53 pm

Woah, hold on there, you've JUST come off accutane - you need to wait at least 6 months before you do anything like that. Do NOT use lemon - that will make your skin extremely sensitive to sunlight and what not and could actually make it worse if you're not careful. Unfortunately, you need to be patient because accutane is still in your system and I know this is not what you want to hear but it's the truth.
The redness will go away in around a month or two and the marks will begin to fade quite quickly if you're really gentle with your face. I know you want to scrub and get rid of the current skin you have but don't, you'll just aggravate it, use a soap that you trust and lightly wash your face and make sure to get every last bit off the soap off and pat dry (DO NOT RUB) with a clean towel.
As for the marks, you will have to wait around 5/6 months until you can use anything topical that's as harsh as lemons and around 12 months (yes, a year) until you look at any type of laser surgery.

Now comes the important part, this will determine what type of marks you have, you'll either have PIE or PIH, PIE is what you most likely will have but in about a month when your face calms a bit, get a glass or some sort of clear plastic and make sure to clean it, press it down on a few marks that you have and if they turn white or go away that means you have PIE, this is Post Inflammatory Erythema which is related to blood and non-technically speaking it means that your blood vessels have enlarged because it's the body's natural way of healing something, to send more blood to the area to aid in healing and this is both a good and a bad thing.
Good thing is: means they heal on their own if you're gentle. Bad thing is: they can take quite some time to heal depending on person to person and there's not much you can do about PIE. However, if the marks don't go white then that means it's PIH which is Post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation which is a MARK on your skin, this can be removed by chemical exfoliation or the usual scrubs (although I do recommend something more gentle like Angels on Bare Skin by LUSH).

Either way, apply sunscreen everyday no matter what the weather and even if you're only taking the trash out. Now, I'm British so the weather here is shit and it's mostly cold, rainy and no signs of sun but I still wear sunscreen everyday because no matter whether you have PIE or PIH, the sun will most likely make it worse and granted you've been on accutane, you need sunscreen anyways.
Also, bare in mind that you may have a combination of both PIE and PIH so it's important to be weary of that too.
If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer and I'm not a doctor or dermatologist but I have read A LOT about skin so I know quite a lot about it but I am not medically trained in anyway.

Sorry for the long post, just don't want you making the same mistake I did!

pizzaa, SkinDeeply, orie_hamasaki and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@orie_hamasaki)

Posted : 07/09/2016 8:01 pm

On 29 June 2016 at 8:53 PM, 989898L said:

Woah, hold on there, you've JUST come off accutane - you need to wait at least 6 months before you do anything like that. Do NOT use lemon - that will make your skin extremely sensitive to sunlight and what not and could actually make it worse if you're not careful. Unfortunately, you need to be patient because accutane is still in your system and I know this is not what you want to hear but it's the truth. 
The redness will go away in around a month or two and the marks will begin to fade quite quickly if you're really gentle with your face. I know you want to scrub and get rid of the current skin you have but don't, you'll just aggravate it, use a soap that you trust and lightly wash your face and make sure to get every last bit off the soap off and pat dry (DO NOT RUB) with a clean towel.
As for the marks, you will have to wait around 5/6 months until you can use anything topical that's as harsh as lemons and around 12 months (yes, a year) until you look at any type of laser surgery.

Now comes the important part, this will determine what type of marks you have, you'll either have PIE or PIH, PIE is what you most likely will have but in about a month  when your face calms a bit, get a glass or some sort of clear plastic and make sure to clean it, press it down on a few marks that you have and if they turn white or go away that means you have PIE, this is Post Inflammatory Erythema which is related to blood and non-technically speaking it means that your blood vessels have enlarged because it's the body's natural way of healing something, to send more blood to the area to aid in healing and this is both a good and a bad thing.
Good thing is: means they heal on their own if you're gentle. Bad thing is: they can take quite some time to heal depending on person to person and there's not much you can do about PIE. However, if the marks don't go white then that means it's PIH which is Post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation which is a MARK on your skin, this can be removed by chemical exfoliation or the usual scrubs (although I do recommend something more gentle like Angels on Bare Skin by LUSH).

Either way, apply sunscreen everyday no matter what the weather and even if you're only taking the trash out. Now, I'm British so the weather here is shit and it's mostly cold, rainy and no signs of sun but I still wear sunscreen everyday because no matter whether you have PIE or PIH, the sun will most likely make it worse and granted you've been on accutane, you need sunscreen anyways.
Also, bare in mind that you may have a combination of both PIE and PIH so it's important to be weary of that too.
If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer and I'm not a doctor or dermatologist but I have read A LOT about skin so I know quite a lot about it but I am not medically trained in anyway.

Sorry for the long post, just don't want you making the same mistake I did!

Very helpful thanks so much! :)