Notifications
Clear all

Red marks that don't go away with time

MemberMember
(@iahmeeobop)

Posted : 06/10/2016 1:54 am

This needs to be brought to attention. I look at all the posts here and everyone says things like, "the marks will fade away with time", or "don't worry they fade eventually". Are you fucking kidding me?? My marks have been around for more than a year and they're still there! And I have like 25 of them! What makes it even worse is, nobody and I mean NOBODY who is in the same position as me knows a damn thing! Ahhhh I'm beyond frustrated right now, has anyone ever successfully gotten rid of red marks that have lasted as long as mine have? Anyone at all? Because after all the time I've wasted looking for a solution, I haven't found anything.

You liked
MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 06/10/2016 2:29 am

Have you tried Vbeam Laser or Excel V? Supposedly these are effective laser treatments that can help lessen stubborn red marks.

MemberMember
(@kid-charlemagne)

Posted : 06/13/2016 9:17 am

Part of the problem is that much of the "hyperpigmentation" discussion that some people are said to experience and can address with topical treatments is probably inaccurate. There has been some discussion on here and you can find a little bit about post inflammatory erythema. I think that is what those of us who get red marks that don't go away have. Even IPL treatments, which are supposed to help with that, only do a little. IPL works great on brown hyperpigmentation like sun damage, but not as much on these red mark issues. I think vbeam is the only relatively quick answer, but to me, it's not worth it if you can't control the acne. Plus, there may be downtime. I will say that as far as topical treatments, I have found that AHA works a little if you leave a thick coat to dry instead of rubbing it in.

MemberMember
(@gagan)

Posted : 06/17/2016 12:12 am

I would suggest u aloe vera gel and that too 100% pure means directly from plant use it. Hope it helps as it helped me. U can also read reviews of aloe vera gel for redness. Stay blessed.