Notifications
Clear all

Acne has left me with horrible skin

MemberMember
(@fedup2016)

Posted : 04/21/2016 8:13 am

Let me start out by saying I had acne for 16 years, from the ages of 11-27. That is in the past now but I'm left with horrible skin.

Having acne for so long has left me with uneven skin tone - I'm talking HYPERpigmentation, HYPOpigmentation, red blotches and a few scars thrown in for good measure.

I had Vbeam done recently and it hasn't done much. I looked terrible after the procedure - my cheeks were bubbled and swollen, I was covered in blood and I had that awful purpula that you get on high settings. I literally ran home from the hospital so no one could see me. It is calming down after two weeks but I'm not seeing any results. I'm gutted and I don't even know what to do anymore. Should I try fraxel, C02? Both of these are pretty brutal and the down time will not be good.

I just want to look normal. All I want is an even skin tone. I had acne for so long and I'm still suffering even after it has gone.

MemberMember
(@ccrikov)

Posted : 05/10/2016 6:47 pm

I feel you. I have had stupid red marks and it has ruined my freshman school year for me. I literally don't even leave my house unless I really have to. My birthday is coming up and I don't even wanna celebrate because I'm just so depressed and hopeless. Just try to use healing products for now to help your skin; don't irritate it. Try to live more healthy because that plays a big role in healing. Just remember you're not alone in this 🙂