Notifications
Clear all

Glycolic Acid After Vbeam Treatment For Red Marks?

MemberMember
(@mikeflash)

Posted : 06/28/2015 3:12 pm

I just got a VBEAM treatment for discolored/red marks left over from acne and I was advised to wait a week before using acids or anything like that

I am wondering if the Neostrata 8% glycolic acid toning solution would help to fade my red marks or if I should wait to see the results of the vbeam treatment

I was told it can take up to a month to see the results from each VBEAM so I don't know if using glycolic would help or not.

MemberMember
(@sassypear)

Posted : 06/28/2015 8:55 pm

If red marks are your only concern I'd just stick to Vbeam. It works better than anything you can find over the counter. Gycolic is more for fading brown discoloration. It doesn't do anything for red/purple marks, ime.

You can read more about it here: [removed]

MemberMember
(@mikeflash)

Posted : 06/30/2015 5:23 pm

If red marks are your only concern I'd just stick to Vbeam. It works better than anything you can find over the counter. Gycolic is more for fading brown discoloration. It doesn't do anything for red/purple marks, ime.

You can read more about it here: http://goo.gl/ALTTco

ok

is it true that I must wait about a month to see the results from each vbeam treatment??

MemberMember
(@lauren0791)

Posted : 07/01/2015 1:20 pm

Yes you must wait a month or even longer to see the end result of the vbeam. Just remember it keeps getting better and better till its basically gone (at least in my experience). I use the neostrata toning solution as well.. but tried not to use it for the first week or two.. after that it's fine!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/01/2015 6:55 pm

Yeah it takes 3-6 weeks to see results. You'll need a series of 3+ depending on your situation