Notifications
Clear all

Red Hyperpigmentation Marks

MemberMember
(@honey9811)

Posted : 02/11/2015 12:57 pm

Hi I have had acne since I was about 12 mainly on my forehead but last year at age 16 I started getting bad acne on my cheeks as well. I was prescribed dianette which mostly cleared the actual spots on my cheeks but now I'm left with red marks all over my cheeks. I've been on dianette for almost 8 months and my skin isn't even that clear after that and I'm left will all the marks! If I come off dianette should the hyperpigmentation marks go or are they permanent?

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 02/11/2015 4:03 pm

The red marks could be PIE (Post-Inflammatory erythema) Instead of PIH. Hyper-pigmentation tends to be a darker color like brown, purple, or black, while PIE is caused by the body sending extra blood to the wound site to prevent scarring usually. PIE takes longer to fade than PIH but the good news is that it will fade in time. So I don't know if stopping the dianette would help the PIE fade faster, I don't think much short of a v-beam will make PIE fade fast. It's just something you have to wait out unfortunately. Still couldn't tell you without pictures, if its a bright red sort of color its probably PIE, if its a more dull and dark color its probably PIH.