Notifications
Clear all

Scar + Red Mark!

MemberMember
(@yrdeded)

Posted : 01/16/2015 4:32 pm

Hi, everyone!

I was diagnosed with acne at the age of 11, and my face is still bumpy and red because of the pustular acne and acne scars.

I am using 1. Acne.org -Treatment

2. Neutrogena- Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Facial Cleanser

3. Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel

4. Organic Jojoba Oil

5. Acne.org- AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) --> Only 4 times a week. Evening.

And, I don't wear any make-up since last December.

Could you give some feedback on this situation? Please...

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/17/2015 1:18 pm

Stop using glycolic acid cream , firstly you need to get rid of red face so don"t apply anything on your face for 4-5 days even don"t use facewash or soap or use Hydrocortisone 1% cream for 7 days to get full rid of redness , then you can use scar & acne cream ... I will suggest Adapalene 1% cream for acnes and Kojic acid cream for scars

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 01/17/2015 2:25 pm

Redness: Sunscreen. EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Oversimplified explanation: It's melanin concentrated to a small area. Skin produces melanin on exposure to UV. Cut that, it'll fade, but it will take a while unfortunately. Still. Much less time than without it.

Scars : Co2 laser + Dermastamping/rolling. Skip everything else which tends to be aimed at the misconception that 'scars' are 'red marks' (hyperpigmentation) This is probably part of the bollocks that recommended you use aloe vera gel (seriously, quit it) on your face. It's anti-inflamatory properties are minimal vs NSAIDS. (And don't use those either)

Product: Retin-A (tretinoin generics are fine), vitamin C serum, alongside the above. Emphasis on these when you're getting laser/dermarolling & inform your doc if you're lazah,

Kojic will do fuck all to your scars. There's some evidence it acts as a tyrosinase inhibitor, though.

Adaplene - Okay, but I'd go with tretinoin due to evidence weighting.

Nope

MemberMember
(@yrdeded)

Posted : 01/17/2015 2:39 pm

Stop using glycolic acid cream , firstly you need to get rid of red face so don"t apply anything on your face for 4-5 days even don"t use facewash or soap or use Hydrocortisone 1% cream for 7 days to get full rid of redness , then you can use scar & acne cream ... I will suggest Adapalene 1% cream for acnes and Kojic acid cream for scars

Thanks! Can I use Eucerin Aquaphor healing ointment lotion? My skin is super dry.

Redness: Sunscreen. EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Oversimplified explanation: It's melanin concentrated to a small area. Skin produces melanin on exposure to UV. Cut that, it'll fade, but it will take a while unfortunately. Still. Much less time than without it.

Scars : Co2 laser + Dermastamping/rolling. Skip everything else which tends to be aimed at the misconception that 'scars' are 'red marks' (hyperpigmentation) This is probably part of the bollocks that recommended you use aloe vera gel (seriously, quit it) on your face. It's anti-inflamatory properties are minimal vs NSAIDS. (And don't use those either)

Product: Retin-A (tretinoin generics are fine), vitamin C serum, alongside the above. Emphasis on these when you're getting laser/dermarolling & inform your doc if you're lazah,

Kojic will do fuck all to your scars. There's some evidence it acts as a tyrosinase inhibitor, though.

Adaplene - Okay, but I'd go with tretinoin due to evidence weighting.

Nope

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/18/2015 3:12 am

Use calamine + light liquid parrafin lotion & use a moisturising soap to get rid of dry skin

MemberMember
(@yrdeded)

Posted : 01/18/2015 12:35 pm

Use calamine + light liquid parrafin lotion & use a moisturising soap to get rid of dry skin

Great! I will try. Thanks a lot!!!