Notifications
Clear all

Red Hyper Pigmentation. Advice?

MemberMember
(@kristeng)

Posted : 11/22/2014 2:02 am

Okay so as you can see on the picture, I have RED marks all over both cheeks. It looks like I have a million zits when my skin is smooth with not more than a few pimples.. What is this? It's been over a year and they won't fade at all It seems like every pimple turns into this. Even tho I don't pop them.. Any advice on how to get rid of this? I'm so fed up with having to wear pounds of makeup to cover this up, it's completely taken over my face as well as my confidence. It only used to be on one cheek and now it's on both!! It's driving me crazy!! Any natural remedies? Or products? Comment please :(

post-419027-0-97879600-1416639637_thumb.

post-419027-0-28428600-1416639723_thumb.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/22/2014 7:41 am

Try looking into using AHA. I use the Acne.org AHA at the moment and it has definitely helped get rid of my red marks much much faster. My skin type is very pale and on times when I get a pimple, it usually end up looking very red and the color stays there for a while. I have since gotten control of my acne so I dont get much anymore, but when I do, AHA is what helps with all the red marks that the acne leaves behind.

MemberMember
(@kristineh)

Posted : 11/22/2014 3:36 pm

I have the same exact problem as you every pimple that goes away leaves behind a very red mark. My left cheek has a cluster of red marks so its looks really ugly. I have yet to find a remedy to fade the red marks. Wearing makeup every day sucks..

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/23/2014 8:37 am

Glycolic acid is the best solution for this. Honestly it stings like crap, burns the skin and makes a brown scab over it for a few days, but when it peels off, your skin is literally like 2-3 shades lighter.

MemberMember
(@kristeng)

Posted : 11/24/2014 2:36 am

Where can I find glycolic acid?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/28/2014 5:53 am

Where can I find glycolic acid?

I got mine from a dermatologist. Its actually a cream containing glycolic acid, arbutin and kojic acid, so 3x the effectiveness.

You could ask your derm for one of those, or just search a product online with all 3 of those. Works really well to be honest