Notifications
Clear all

(Pictures) Brown Spots From Post Acne Hyperpigmentation On Asian Skin?

MemberMember
(@ren93)

Posted : 10/19/2014 10:05 pm

Hi there. I'm a 20 year old guy who had my first ever breakout a year ago. It only lasted a month or two but since then I've had hear brownish slightly red marks on my cheeks. I don't know if any of you have had this but will it go away with time? It's been 8 months since I've been clearer and they have hardly faded. Only a little have they faded. I tried hydroquinone 4% for a few weeks but it made them turn redder and it looked inflamed so I was scared to continue.

Jojoba oil to remove sunscreen

Cetaphil Daily Skin Cleanser to remove oil and dirt

Sodium Sulfacetamide 9% & sulfur 4.5% wash to treat any blemishes

Paula's Choice Clear BHA 2% salicylic acid exfoliant liquid as an exfoliater and toner

Daytime I would use Paula's Choice resist sunscreen moisturizer and night time just a moisturizer without sunscreen.

At night I also use tazorac 0.05% cream directed by my dermatologist but I haven't noticed much effect. I've been using it for 6 months now.

Any ideas ? Pictures below.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/20/2014 4:16 am

Try Dan's AHA cream and start slow - mix half/half with moisturiser every night (or every other night if you're sensitive) and slowly ramp up from there. Your skin will feel a bit red at first and you might have an initial break out but after a while it'll adjust and then the marks will start to fade.