Notifications
Clear all

Bright Red Marks Ruining Self-Esteem

MemberMember
(@desiderata)

Posted : 01/06/2014 9:32 pm

hi guys!

i had a MAJOR outbreak that lasted a few months ago and, now that i just finished my Doryx prescription, my outbreaks have stopped but i've been left with major red marks that won't seem to go away. i just have some questions!

1. any mild procedures (chemical peels, etc) that could help?
  2. any products that could help?
  3. i tried the regimen for a few weeks and it just made my skin even redder and i got severe reactions from the BP that made me stop -- did this happen to anyone else?

i've been applying this product known as hiruscar for the past few days, as i've been told by family that it works wonders on scars, but has anyone else ever tried it?

these red marks seem, to me, to be the "last obstacle" of this horrible breakout and it's really making me unhappy -- as shallow as it sounds. i can't walk past a mirror without feeling ashamed.

thank you, all!

post-363555-0-40832200-1389061939.png

post-363555-0-40832200-1389061939.png

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 01/07/2014 5:42 pm

Hi!

I had super bad breakouts over the summer... spots upon spots upon spots, cystic ones too. I was left with very bad very red marks after this. I've been more or less clear for about 4 months now and I've been using a few things to fade the red marks. It's definitely a slow process as mine were so bad, but comparing pictures I've taken along the way I do see a change.

I use at-home chemical peels for my marks as well as the AHA lotion from this website. They're quite easy to do and if you start slow and aren't too sensitive, you'll probably have no "down-time" afterward (e.g. peeling skin). Lactic and glycolic acids are good for this.

MemberMember
(@desiderata)

Posted : 01/07/2014 7:05 pm

Thanks!! Are there any brands of at-home chemical peels you'd suggest??

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 01/08/2014 12:58 am

I like MUAC peels. They're easy and inexpensive for what you get (a trial size is enough to last for a few months).

Spot treating with the acid only on the red marks seems to be the most effective for fading mine. But all over your face it gives a nice glow and makes it super smooth!

Good luck :)