Notifications
Clear all

Scars/red Marks

MemberMember
(@yankees27)

Posted : 12/09/2013 1:40 am

i have only had acne one time in my life, and when it hit me it hit me pretty hard. i have always had very clear and soft skin. I have been acne free for about three months now and have been trying to clear up these scars/ red marks but it feels like they will never go away. I'm on here to find answers and hope that one day i can have clear skin once again. Does anyone have any suggestions?

post-365086-0-87089400-1386571002.jpg

post-365086-0-83253300-1386571011.jpg

post-365086-0-87089400-1386571002.jpg

post-365086-0-83253300-1386571011.jpg

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 12/09/2013 9:47 am

Have you consulted a derma during the whole time? Hyperpigmentation can be dealt pretty effectively. However, you should make sure you're doing the right treatment and not indirectly worsening them. Hypoallergenic scar therapy can be an ideal choice. Also, maintain your diet and make sure you're taking all the essential vitamins and minerals in adequate amount. This helps a lot in healing the problem internally. Hope it helps

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/09/2013 10:46 am

try retin a and go to sleep earlier as i know sleeping late affects your acne alot and the temple areas

MemberMember
(@yankees27)

Posted : 12/09/2013 11:46 am

I did talk to a derm and he put me on mendocycline. Ive been taking it for the past three months and it has helped clear up my acne but now i have the post acne scars.

what is retin a and where can i buy it?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/09/2013 12:38 pm

https://www.alldaychemist.com/ you can buy it here for like $24 or go to your doctor and get prescription and probably waste like 50 or 100 up to you lol

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 12/09/2013 1:22 pm

REALLY do your research before starting retin A. Know what to expect from it (there is possibly some purging that might occur), know what to supplement with it, and know the condition it puts your skin in (SUNSCREEN IS A MUST).

MemberMember
(@yankees27)

Posted : 12/10/2013 2:52 am

Do you guys think it will ever go away? its been about three months and they are still there.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 12/10/2013 8:18 am

I would use some AHA. I've got quite a bit of red marks and I've had them for years, but after using AHA for just a little over 3 weeks, I'm already to see results (though they're still there). It's fairly inexpensive if you order Dan's AHA. There might be a little bit of purging - I definitely went through a mini-purge, but it wasn't nothing too terrible.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 12/10/2013 10:25 am

I second the use of AHA-- it's the only thing that has significantly reduced my red marks. I had a severe breakout in August-September, and my red marks are almost gone now. I think I have about 5-6 lingering on my face (and maybe a couple more REEEALLY lightened ones), whereas I started with probably around 30 or 40 marks. Use 5% or 10% AHA every night after cleansing. I've heard good things about Dan's AHA, but I use Paula's Choice 5% Daily Treatment nightly and then Paula's Choice 10% Weekly Treatment on Sundays (once a week).

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 12/10/2013 11:47 am

I second the use of AHA-- it's the only thing that has significantly reduced my red marks. I had a severe breakout in August-September, and my red marks are almost gone now. I think I have about 5-6 lingering on my face (and maybe a couple more REEEALLY lightened ones), whereas I started with probably around 30 or 40 marks. Use 5% or 10% AHA every night after cleansing. I've heard good things about Dan's AHA, but I use Paula's Choice 5% Daily Treatment nightly and then Paula's Choice 10% Weekly Treatment on Sundays (once a week).

heitea, is there any reason you don't use 10%? I've heard one should be at least using 10% to see good results.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 12/10/2013 12:00 pm

heitea, is there any reason you don't use 10%? I've heard one should be at least using 10% to see good results.

somanyquestions, I don't use 10% regularly because it dries my skin out. The 5% formula is really nice and leaves my skin moisturized and soft. I don't like to overuse chemicals on my face. I use the 10% as a weekly treatment, however-- and I'm seeing good results.

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 12/10/2013 12:16 pm

somanyquestions, I don't use 10% regularly because it dries my skin out. The 5% formula is really nice and leaves my skin moisturized and soft. I don't like to overuse chemicals on my face. I use the 10% as a weekly treatment, however-- and I'm seeing good results.

Your cheeks seem a little red in your most recent pics. Were those taken after an AHA application? Might just be bad lighting. Not sure.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 12/10/2013 12:48 pm

Your cheeks seem a little red in your most recent pics. Were those taken after an AHA application? Might just be bad lighting. Not sure.

Well, if you look at the date...they're not that recent. It is bad lighting, anyway--AHA does not make my face red. My cheeks are less red and I have less marks now. Those pictures were taken about a month ago.

EDIT: Added new photos if anyone's interested. :)

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 12/11/2013 5:21 pm

Well, if you look at the date...they're not that recent. It is bad lighting, anyway--AHA does not make my face red. My cheeks are less red and I have less marks now. Those pictures were taken about a month ago.

EDIT: Added new photos if anyone's interested. smile.png

Yeah the yellow light can be REALLY harsh. Take a look at my pics lol. That is not at all how my marks really look. Although my face gets damn red at times. Will post a pic of me right now because my face is going tomato in full force at the moment.

Anyway I'm really interested in that left cheek pic of yours. It actually is pinkish. I just wonder how the hell does one deal with that? It seems to be the exact same problem I have except I am straight up RED. Really not looking to uneven skin tone for the next 2+ years. Want to fix my problem asap. Will post pics in a second.

My deal is around this time of day my face gets really "hot" if that makes sense and just starts glowing red for no reason. I'm trying to think of what I could be doing that is inciting it. I usually just cleanse + moisturize + apply sunblock. One of those things may be causing an inflamed response. The cleanser I have been using for a very long time. Will have to look closer at my moisturizer/sunblock. Just switched to cerave moisturizer today and have been using PC sunblock which is supposed to be completely non-irritating (PC is very careful about using irritating chemicals).

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 12/11/2013 5:28 pm

I'm not sure you have your gallery on public view. Or, maybe you don't have any pictures up? I can't see any, anyway...

Any pink I have in my newest photos is because of my thin skin or old red marks. I get flushed during the day, though, and can end up red. But it's just a form of blushing, I think. I don't know. I'm used to it! haha The first set of photos in my newest album are definitely taken in harsh lighting and right after washing, so that could be a factor to the redness.

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 12/11/2013 5:34 pm

No yeah I mean if I just saw you straight up in real life it wouldn't even be a problem. I think you look perfectly fine.

Yeah the pics I was mentioning are in my thread (you can find it on the first page in this forum). I just uploaded what I was talking about though, the super-redness I get like right now, to my gallery. Check it out!

It's just annoying because if you notice my face is relatively fine as far as scarring/acne goes. I'm just red as hell. To be fair though I'm 2 and a half months off accutane, though. That's my excuse...for now.