Notifications
Clear all

Best Product To Get Rid Of Red Hyperpigmentation Marks/scars?

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 10/06/2013 11:56 am

I'm on Roaccutane and as some of the spots are disappearing they're leaving red marks and I was wondering if anyone who suffers from hyperpigmentation could tell me products that they've used that work well. I'm wary of putting anything on my skin incase it causes another breakout but I'm really determined to have flawless skin by the end of this and I need something to make the marks fade quickly especially as more keep appearing. My dermatologist also seems to interpret the marks as active acne and so I'm hoping to make some of them fade at least a little bit within this month so he can see I'm improving, is this a little ambitious? I was going to get some bio-oil because I know it works for stretch marks but I don't know about the effectiveness of it on the face and also I'd feel a bit uncomfortable putting an oily substance on my face. Thaaanks

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 10/06/2013 3:17 pm

A lot people on here swear by Dan's AHA but I don't think you're suppose to use anything while you're on accutane.

MemberMember
(@laurawroth82)

Posted : 10/06/2013 4:13 pm

If you really want to get rid of hyper-pigmentation the best product and program out there by far is Civant skincare, *Moderator edit, URL removed “ please read the board rules*

I also suffered with the same problem and their meladerm significantly helped, enough so that I saw results within a week or two. Hope this helps, I know how annoying it could be sad.png.

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 10/07/2013 12:44 pm

On 10/7/2013 at 2:17 AM, HeftyMug said:

A lot people on here swear by Dan's AHA but I don't think you're suppose to use anything while you're on accutane.

ah yeah of course, i forgot about thatmellow.png i was just wanting to stop them in their tracks sort of thing before they build up more and more, but there's still hope they could fade quickly on their own i guess - i mean i've never really been left with any scarring in the past.

On 10/7/2013 at 3:13 AM, laurawroth82 said:

If you really want to get rid of hyper-pigmentation the best product and program out there by far is Civant skincare, *Moderator edit, URL removed “ please read the board rules*

I also suffered with the same problem and their meladerm significantly helped, enough so that I saw results within a week or two. Hope this helps, I know how annoying it could be sad.png.

thank you! should have mentioned i was ideally looking for something uk-based as shipping and stuff may be a bit of a hassle but i'll definitely look into it :)

it's just such a shame that once you've got rid of the acne you should have flawless skin and be able to live a carefree life again, but then you still have to deal with ugly red marks. one thing after anotherbs.gif

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/07/2013 3:38 pm

I'm using a kojic acid serum that is gentle enough to use on my sensitive skin. Kojic is becoming popular in the cosmetics industry due to its skin bleaching properties, and it's used for anti-aging and for hyperpigmentation. Also, I found that honey masks help with inflammation, and occasionally lemon juice and plain yogurt but you may want to do a test spot first to see how your skin reacts.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 10/07/2013 3:50 pm

Dan's AHA really does work smile.png I've been using it for about 3 months and some of the really stubborn dark marks are barely even visible now. I didnt think it would work at all, and it does take time but after 3 months i actually looked at my skin and was like "holy shit this stuff actually did a pretty good job". And thats only 3 months - after 5 or more months i expect most of the hyperpigmentation will be just about gone smile.png

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 10/09/2013 11:09 am

I'm using a kojic acid serum that is gentle enough to use on my sensitive skin. Kojic is becoming popular in the cosmetics industry due to its skin bleaching properties, and it's used for anti-aging and for hyperpigmentation. Also, I found that honey masks help with inflammation, and occasionally lemon juice and plain yogurt but you may want to do a test spot first to see how your skin reacts.

i haven't heard of that before but i'll definitely do some research. yeah seen a few people on here talking about the benefits of honey for various problems, thanks for your help!

Dan's AHA really does work smile.png I've been using it for about 3 months and some of the really stubborn dark marks are barely even visible now. I didnt think it would work at all, and it does take time but after 3 months i actually looked at my skin and was like "holy shit this stuff actually did a pretty good job". And thats only 3 months - after 5 or more months i expect most of the hyperpigmentation will be just about gone smile.png

i presume that the aha is one of the products in the kit? is there anywhere i could buy it on it's own and/or from the uk do you know? thank you, i hope one day i'll just have no skin issues whatsoever to deal witheusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 10/10/2013 2:40 pm

i presume that the aha is one of the products in the kit? is there anywhere i could buy it on it's own and/or from the uk do you know? thank you, i hope one day i'll just have no skin issues whatsoever to deal witheusa_pray.gif

Yeah you can buy all of the acne.org products seperately, you dont have to order the full kit. :)