Notifications
Clear all

Best Treatment For Red Marks

MemberMember
(@mustang65)

Posted : 08/29/2013 4:01 pm

Hello all,

I believe this is the first time I have posted anything on here, although I have been lurking off and on for a few months now.

In January, I quit taking birth control pills (which I had been on for about 12 years) and my skin completely exploded. My face, neck and back were covered. (Fortunately, most of it was not cystic.) Anyway, I finally went to the dermatologist back in June, and she gave me a couple of topicals to use (clindamycin pledgets, and a sulfacetemide wash). Happily, I can now say that my face and neck are 95% clear. :) My back is also greatly improved, as far as active acne goes, but it is still covered in red marks!

So, my question is - what do you think is the most effective way to fade red marks? I will be going on a cruise to the Caribbean in mid-December and, of course, I want to be able to wear a swimsuit confidently. From what I have read on here, Dan's AHA seems to get pretty good reviews. Would you agree?

Thanks for any suggestions!

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/29/2013 4:28 pm

Retinoids and AHA are very good for hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/29/2013 5:28 pm

yes AHA, I don't use Dan's I use alpha hydrox, but essentially the same thing...start slow, I use it morning and night because my skin is tough

you could also try some lactic acid peels, search this site many users have had success...

good luck, you need to get on a program now and hopefully by December they will be much lighter...gone well that's another matter, but the sooner you start the better off you'll be!

MemberMember
(@rose82)

Posted : 09/01/2013 11:46 am

Another option to look into is IPL

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 09/01/2013 12:07 pm

Vbeam