Notifications
Clear all

Need Help With Covering Neck Acne/scars/ Red Marks

MemberMember
(@bertleboy77)

Posted : 06/18/2013 3:22 am

I am a 16 year old male who has had acne since I was 14, started mildly on face and progressively got worse becoming severe acne not only on the face but also my back, neck, shoulders, and chest. I have been on the oral medication called Accutane if you guys are familiar with it, it's definitely helped with the face and the other parts of my body are slowly clearing up but my back and neck are still breaking out a little bit and a huge problem is red marks being left behind. I wouldn't necessarily call them scars but my skin is smooth in certain parts but there are several red spots still there from faded acne. I am really sensitive about my acne as people have been commenting on it for so long and now that it's summer it's difficult to wear a hoodie sweatshirt to cover up my neck/upper back because I look like a complete weirdo. In a little less than two weeks I will be on a house boat for a week and I know for a fact that I can't use cover up of any kind to hide it as the water from swimming will probably wash it off. I will be wearing a swim shirt but it still shows the red marks on my neck. I need to know if there is a way I can cover it up or even just find a way to get rid of these marks before the trip. Currently I wash my neck and back with Neutragena acne stress control wash (salicylic acid) in the morning and night and after doing so I use Clearasil acne pads (also salicylic acid) just for my neck for back up. It seems to be working but just not fast enough and it isn't getting rid of the red marks. Please respond with what I should do, thanks.

MemberMember
(@fleurverte)

Posted : 06/18/2013 9:27 pm

Hey! I know what you are under, I used to take accutane as well for my acne and it cleared more than a year ago... If you wanna get rid of the red mark scars try to use ALWAYS sunscreen (especially during the summer and in your case for your house boat plans). I use pure aloe vera crystals well washed offf from the yellow substance and apply it every night, it has really helped me with my red marks and even with some few acne breakouts... Also you can use honey, I am mentioning these two natural remedies because they DO REALLY work if you have perseverance and patience... Moreover I suggest Eucerin for lightening up the red marks or even azelaic acid creams... Good luckk! :)