Notifications
Clear all

Pure Vitamin E Oil - Good Or Bad Idea?!

MemberMember
(@littlemermaid88)

Posted : 05/26/2013 11:20 am

I got the pure vitamin e oil, 70,000 I.u planning on putting some on my post acne marks.

Will it help? Or will it just clog my pores?

Any experience with it? (I've been taking vitamin e tablets too but nothing's happened as of yet!)

Thanks

MemberMember
(@nenuphar)

Posted : 05/26/2013 4:56 pm

Hey, Ive tried that.. It helps with the healing quite a bit (but not more than other oils like rosehip oil or shea butter).. It breaks me out like crazy though.. Be careful with it... Rather use it as a spot treatment...

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/26/2013 8:14 pm

Hi Little Mermaid88,

Personally, I like pure vitamin e for under eyes only...I've been using it since my teens and have no under eye lines/ crows feet because of it (But I also don't squint/ I am very gentle with my eye area/ and I try to smile without squinting my eyes as much as possible)...however, on wounds, vitamin e can prevent healing according to some studies....but I think on "healed" scars, it can assist...

Experiment with using it on your skin, as we each respond differently to topicals...however, my skin doesn't respond well to vitamin e on it everyday (only my eyes approve of it)...in my case, my face prefers beta glucan liquid from New Directions...but there are so many good products out there, I haven't tried these but they look okay judging the ingredients like Pure Skin Junkie, Dermaefface FX7, DNA Scar Therapy [DNA EGF Renewal], Meladerm, Mederma etc

Just research the product's ingredients thoroughly and examine as many reviews for the product as possible to determine which to use...

I know that if I don't improve my skin 100% using my present treatments, I'll experiment with other dermatological topicals until I achieve a 100% success rate.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 06/06/2013 3:06 am

It can help but i think it may take quite long. Have you tried any cream or anything alike? IS really helps if you ask for my suggestion

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 06/08/2013 10:32 am

I strongly believe that Vitamin E will do nothing for your scars. There is a doctor here (Dr Phillip Artemi I think) and many other doctors who have done studies and have found Vitamin E to be completely ineffective for treating acne scarring. I would never put it on my skin. It's a waste of time, money and effort. Unfortunately there are no topicals out there that will help with scarring when used alone. :(

Like fad diets, vitamin E has been getting a lot of hype about its use in treating acne scars. It's all false unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 06/22/2013 4:45 am

I strongly believe that Vitamin E will do nothing for your scars. There is a doctor here (Dr Phillip Artemi I think) and many other doctors who have done studies and have found Vitamin E to be completely ineffective for treating acne scarring. I would never put it on my skin. It's a waste of time, money and effort. Unfortunately there are no topicals out there that will help with scarring when used alone. sad.png

Like fad diets, vitamin E has been getting a lot of hype about its use in treating acne scars. It's all false unfortunately.

Invicible scars is a topical treatment and its hypoallergenic. I used it for my scars and found it working pretty well. You can give it a try. It is really good or you can try reading its reviews. I found it working actually. Hope it helps. Good Luck with your scars.

MemberMember
(@thaxceptional1)

Posted : 06/22/2013 8:02 pm

I came across this review on google

[Edited link out]

I don't know how successful it will be on old marks, but it might work on new ones.

Oil in general clog pores, so I would think that this oil would clog your pores.

If you are acne prone I say get a cream instead and look for something oil free.

Just my 2 cents.

MemberMember
(@flunker)

Posted : 12/15/2017 8:48 pm

I'd love to hear about any updates on this? Did the oil cause acne or not ? Did it help with the scars at all? help a brother out :)

emily1573 liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/15/2017 9:12 pm

On 5/26/2013 at 9:20 AM, littlemermaid88 said:

I got the pure vitamin e oil, 70,000 I.u planning on putting some on my post acne marks.

Will it help? Or will it just clog my pores?

Any experience with it? (I've been taking vitamin e tablets too but nothing's happened as of yet!)

Thanks

By "post acne marks", if you mean hyperpigmentation (eg. red marks), then you're better off going with Rose Hip Oil rather than Vitaminn E. Vitamin E is more for healing, like cell rejuvenation. What I personally like to do is to mix both oils with DMSO. This will help the oils to penetrate below the skin.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/15/2017 9:13 pm

First of all these are not "scars" it's hyperpigmentation aka wounding from acne (weather above the skin or under it). We wrote a guide top of the hyperpigmentation sub of several cures that do work. Tops post. Please take a look.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/15/2017 9:14 pm

BTW not everyone breaks out with zits. I never do. So I guess it depends on the type of skin you have.