Notifications
Clear all

Your Experiences With Sunlight Exposure To Acne Scarring And Hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 04/28/2013 3:20 pm

Summers coming up and I want to know if I should avoid the sun like a vampire or if it would help the scarring in some way. share your experiences with your acne scars and hyperpigmentation being exposed to sunlight, and your skin tanning etc. Did the white scars stay white or did they blend in? Did the red/purple marks get darker? etc.

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 04/28/2013 5:31 pm

What would make sense to me is that getting tanner via sunshine would help blend in dark spots. Tanner people who have acne look a lot better IMO because you can hardly see their red marks, versus me, pale as can be, and lots of red marks. I think you should go out and get a little sun :)

MemberMember
(@kelseylee)

Posted : 04/28/2013 5:52 pm

It's definitely healthy to get some sun, half hour direct a day is recommended. but you probs wanna avoid getting burned. i've had red marks look worse after a sunburn, so just wanted to say. but avoiding the sun like a vampire, which i've also done, i don't think is great either. definitely need that vitamin d and other nutrients from the sun.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/29/2013 5:52 am

as far as i know,exposure to high sunlight for more-than-needed period of time darkens the spots and PIH.

i've come across a few posts which suggest u to avoid excess exposure and also use sunscreen when u're out and inside.

i dnt prefer using sunscreen when inside for one should not use excess chemicals given a choice and also to help let the skin breathe.