Notifications
Clear all

My Red Marks After Severe Acne

MemberMember
(@alenic07)

Posted : 04/10/2013 4:47 pm

Hi there. I just went to a dermatologist today (it's my first time going to one). I had severe acne, and unfortunately I don't have the pictures to show when my face was at its worst. About 6 or 7 weeks, I started using a tea tree oil treatment and overall I think it has been helping me. I have had acne for about two years, the first year was mild-moderate, and then during the last year it has gotten worse. The dermatologist prescribed me Clindamycin phosphate 1% lotion and differin. Though, isn't the Clindamycin to control active acne and would differin help with my red marks and scars. I am checking up next month to see if the products work, but considering the side effects (dryness in particular as I have very sensitive skin), I am thinking to not even go through with it. I have read that red marks can be diminished with aloe vera and other natural remedies, and so far my face has gotten better using a natural treatment. I posted some pictures, but I think my acne looked worse than it does in the pics.

Edit: deleted pics

MemberMember
(@jnc4now)

Posted : 04/10/2013 7:28 pm

Hey there. It seems like your skin improved a lot comparing to 7 weeks ago. If you are not getting the desire result that you want, you may want to consider chemical peels or laser treatment. Also, I think you have post-acne erythema because they are red in color. Hyperpigmentation is like brown and dark like sun spots and freckles. All these info I got from several dermatologists.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/11/2013 5:06 am

hello!

congratulations u've improved a lot in justa span of 6-7 weeks after severe acne.

=)

did u mean by any chance that u aint getting required results?

because as for your new pictures..u're almost clear.

no zits or not much marks left.those there are very light,aint they?

tea tree oil is very good(so i've heard).but i've never used it myself.

# did u use it just on ur marks or spots to lighten them?

i might try it on my spots as well.and see if i get positive results.

# did the derma prescribe u tea tree oil?(am sorry i dint quite get ur statement).

thank u for sharing ur story.

aana

MemberMember
(@alenic07)

Posted : 04/11/2013 7:17 pm

hello!

congratulations u've improved a lot in justa span of 6-7 weeks after severe acne.

=)

did u mean by any chance that u aint getting required results?

because as for your new pictures..u're almost clear.

no zits or not much marks left.those there are very light,aint they?

tea tree oil is very good(so i've heard).but i've never used it myself.

# did u use it just on ur marks or spots to lighten them?

i might try it on my spots as well.and see if i get positive results.

# did the derma prescribe u tea tree oil?(am sorry i dint quite get ur statement).

thank u for sharing ur story.

aana

I am very cynical and more so when it comes to my skin, that's why when I see the pictures I am still not satisfied because I think my skin is bad. The scars are more noticeable when I am looking at myself in the mirror, I just think it is the quality of the pics. I don't have a camera, just took them using my phone. I have seen improvement, but I only started seeing improvement about 7 weeks ago when I started using the tea tree oil treatment. I don't use the tea tree oil itself, I use this treatment called CareNatural Tea Tree Acne Free. It comes with a cleanser, toner, and lotion/moisturizer. Some other ingredients are rosemary, lavender, lemongrass. Every 3 days at night, I use Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub by St. Ives. I also use Desert Essence Blemish Touch Stick when I see a pimple is coming. I use it sparingly though, not much to use it for. I have not gotten a cyst for about 4 or 5 weeks now. I still feel uncomfortable in public because not only do i still have the marks, but I have noticeable facial hair that I wished I could get rid of. I know the skin is still very sensitive, so waxing or threading could make me have a mini breakup and I don't know if I want to take that risk. I go to school without makeup and I don't even know how I get through, but I do.

The dermatologist prescribed me Clindamycin Phosp 1% lotion and Differin, but I don't know if I should use them considering the possible side effects (like dryness). I see that the trea tree oil treatment has been helping me, so I think I may use that for one more month to see if I have further improvement. I have used treatment that contains Benzoyl Peroxide and wow I would never use that again. I used the treatment Exposed Acne Treatment for 3 three months and saw no improvement, it made my face dry, and made my marks even more noticeable.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/12/2013 1:35 am

hey again!

i was prescribed both bp(3%) and clingard(clindamycin phosphate gel)...(previously i was using faceclin - which is cp + nicotinamide)

but all these for spot treatment only.

i remember my derma saying that faceclin helps in healing acne plus with the red marks as well.(am not sure which ingredient works on both though)

here,

do u have any idea?

secondly,as for dryness..bp does cause problem even with spot treatment.it does help in stoping or healing zits/acne but also leaves a reddish tinge and fries up that area.although i must add that the extreme tanned look goes away faster...but red marks remains(as PIH).

did u doc ask u to use it all over ur face?

do u have breakout only on ur cheeks?then u could only use it there.not the whole phase.

see,PIH is suppose to takes it time..but i understand ur worry.

even i freak out most of the times..

i am trying to figure out fast ways as well.

lemon +turmeric helps they say.

lets see.

please be careful..its drying and sometimes irritating..so spot treatment only.

aana