Notifications
Clear all

Acne Red Marks That Last Just Don't Go Away

MemberMember
(@jigglemyjello)

Posted : 03/29/2013 10:22 am

Hi guys this is my first post on this website so bare with me. I have had a really rough senior year so far due to acne. Over the summer my acne was literally not existent. I had been on antibiotics (doxycycline), and it cleared me up completely to the point where my dermatologist took my off it. You might think well that's the problem right there, you went off the meds. Well I went off the meds in like June and my face was fantastic until November. I thought it was smooth sailing and i wouldn't ever have to worry about this shit again. However biology had other plans for me. November came along and my acne started coming back (Maybe the cold weather? If only i knew...) . First just a spot or two, and then it came back hard. I have missed days of school because of my acne, I'm unbelievably sensitive about it. But okay, I got back on doxycycline and now its been about 3 months and my active acne is very minimal. However, some of the spots that I got were so bad that they have left red marks. My skin is so freaking white I get a red mark from everything now. Especially my cheeks, good god these things do not go away. I'm now looking into laser treatment because nothing else is working. Price is not a problem, I would do anything to have clear skin.

Anyone have any luck or good experiences with laser treatment? It really is my last hope.

Thanks guys.

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 03/29/2013 12:19 pm

I would suggest glycolic peels and definitely microdebrasion. Microdebrasion eliminates 12 layers of skin leaving you looking like you hav raw skin, so you have to stay in for a bit, but definitely that. You can also get one for home which you can do every day, but it obviously doesn't take off that much skin, just takes off the dead skin cells. Over a bit of time, you spots will disappear.

Check this video out for a daily

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/29/2013 12:53 pm

Hi guys this is my first post on this website so bare with me. I have had a really rough senior year so far due to acne. Over the summer my acne was literally not existent. I had been on antibiotics (doxycycline), and it cleared me up completely to the point where my dermatologist took my off it. You might think well that's the problem right there, you went off the meds. Well I went off the meds in like June and my face was fantastic until November. I thought it was smooth sailing and i wouldn't ever have to worry about this shit again. However biology had other plans for me. November came along and my acne started coming back (Maybe the cold weather? If only i knew...) . First just a spot or two, and then it came back hard. I have missed days of school because of my acne, I'm unbelievably sensitive about it. But okay, I got back on doxycycline and now its been about 3 months and my active acne is very minimal. However, some of the spots that I got were so bad that they have left red marks. My skin is so freaking white I get a red mark from everything now. Especially my cheeks, good god these things do not go away. I'm now looking into laser treatment because nothing else is working. Price is not a problem, I would do anything to have clear skin.

Anyone have any luck or good experiences with laser treatment? It really is my last hope.

Thanks guys.

Never had laser treatment but I do have a question for you, how long did it take for doxy to clear you up your first time using it?

Also if your still getting acne I wouldn't do anything about your scars yet. Usually people wait until there acne is over with for good before they worry about scars..

MemberMember
(@jigglemyjello)

Posted : 03/29/2013 1:04 pm

O Hey guys. My acne has def come to an almost stop (Knock on wood. PLEASE stay that way!). Its the scars on my cheeks that I am so sensitive about. I hate my skin so much . I get the tinniest whitehead and its a fucking red mark.... It def took time, with the doxycyline the first time, to have clear skin. The problem is now that i'm older and have actually had clear skin before I'm absolutely obsessed with my face. It's a damn curse. I am actually going to therapy currently for having a physical appearance obsession...

Eric98 liked
MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/29/2013 6:29 pm

O Hey guys. My acne has def come to an almost stop (Knock on wood. PLEASE stay that way!). Its the scars on my cheeks that I am so sensitive about. I hate my skin so much . I get the tinniest whitehead and its a fucking red mark.... It def took time, with the doxycyline the first time, to have clear skin. The problem is now that i'm older and have actually had clear skin before I'm absolutely obsessed with my face. It's a damn curse. I am actually going to therapy currently for having a physical appearance obsession...

I'm happy for you. Just keep doing what your doing & you'll be good. Of course stress and other things might cause a little pimple but that's normal don't stress about that.

Doxy, Exactly how long? 1 month 2 months 6 months?

MemberMember
(@jigglemyjello)

Posted : 03/30/2013 8:16 am

I have been on Doxy for over 3 months. Time seems to go so slow with acne ugg.... I did use Retinol-A (tretinion?) for a while but it caused the nastiest pimple I have ever had in my life back in February. Thus now I have a red mark.

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/30/2013 2:05 pm

I have been on Doxy for over 3 months. Time seems to go so slow with acne ugg.... I did use Retinol-A (tretinion?) for a while but it caused the nastiest pimple I have ever had in my life back in February. Thus now I have a red mark.

I'm just wondering because I'm on doxy I started the beginning of January so it will soon be 3 months. I see an improvement but nothing too great, does it usually take longer than that to improve tremendously?

BTW the improvements I see are when I get a pimple it goes away faster, kinda like the doxy is fast forwarding the healing process.

MemberMember
(@jigglemyjello)

Posted : 04/02/2013 4:41 pm

This is honestly the most frustrating moment in my life. I used to not have to worry about this stuff at all. I know relative to others my acne is really not that bad but its still really hard for me.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/03/2013 1:45 pm

did u ever try skin lightening cream?

i have similar problem.

go through my post or blog and check the post on red marks.

since even am fair(if not pale white)..red marks are easily noticeable..its like they stare a me in the mirror.

do u use any aha wash btw?

aana

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 04/27/2013 5:59 am

Hiya

I have the same problem. I went to my derm about it and she prescribed this cream called Skinoren. After 3 months of using it twice a day with no results, I was pretty fed up so I did some of my own research. Now I've been using Bio oil and Emu oil twice a day for about 3 weeks and I am definitely seeing progress so I'd recommend you give these two products a go :)