Notifications
Clear all

Question About Using Lemon Juice For Red Marks While On Tretinoin

MemberMember
(@windingwheel)

Posted : 03/27/2013 11:38 pm

I've been using tretinoin at night for just over 2 months, along with clindamycin and BP. I have lots of red marks from the initial breakout. I know that they'll fade with time, but I want to try using lemon juice to help lighten them/even out my skin tone.

The question is, is it okay to apply it AFTER I apply the tretinoin and moisturizer at night? Should I do it before and then wash it off? I'm just unsure about WHEN I should use the lemon juice in relation to all the other stuff I'm using...

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/28/2013 1:27 am

The last thing you should put on your face before you go to sleep is your moisturizer that's for anyone. And you shouldnt even put that on until everything else has dryed/absorbed into your skin. I never tried lemon juice but my guess would be wash your face with your cleanser First (so your pores are clean and open) then use the lemon juice & Then finish with whatever else you use.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/28/2013 8:30 am

I've been using tretinoin at night for just over 2 months, along with clindamycin and BP. I have lots of red marks from the initial breakout. I know that they'll fade with time, but I want to try using lemon juice to help lighten them/even out my skin tone.

The question is, is it okay to apply it AFTER I apply the tretinoin and moisturizer at night? Should I do it before and then wash it off? I'm just unsure about WHEN I should use the lemon juice in relation to all the other stuff I'm using...

I find tretinoin helps a lot with the fading red marks.

I also know products with Hydroquinone and Glycolic acid help in that department too. Maybe you can ask your derm about that. I have never tried lemon juice. but I believe it should go on before the moisturizer. It makes more sense to me that you moisturize after treating the problem area.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 03/29/2013 2:03 pm

I would say that red marks from acne are fading slowly but the thing is they do fade as you said.

The fastest way to get rid of them is doing a couple of sessions of V-Beam or IPL.

Another way to make them go fast is chiemical peels , usualy AHA peels.

If those options not avabile I would do the following think:

Morring/Night use a gentle cleanser .

Morning exfoliate using AHA(5-8%) or BHA (1-2%), or at least get a toner with glycolic acid.

Night use tretinoin.

Morrning/Night use moistruzier.

MemberMember
(@sun16492)

Posted : 08/26/2013 3:08 pm

even i want to know can lemon juice and tretinoin be used together? my acne is cured only marks remain.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 09/01/2013 3:54 pm

I use to use lemon juice before I started the regimen ..washed my face with warm water then apply lemon juice with a cotton ball. It did help tremendously with my acne scars/marks. It really does work wonders but u need to be very careful as it does irritate ur skin. For the most part. .it did help my skin.

Oh I never used a moisturizer after ..