Notifications
Clear all

Wait Until Acne Is Clear To Start Treating Red Marks? (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 01/21/2013 9:14 am

I've been on the DKR for 7 weeks and I'm still getting breakouts. But the red marks are what I'm worried about. It makes my face look so much worse. Should I be waiting until my acne is totally clear before I start treating red marks? If I can start, what should I start treating them with? I'm not even really sure if these are red marks, that's just what it looks like to me. Take a look and let me know :)post-193661-0-07570700-1358777664_thumb.post-193661-0-08169100-1358777668_thumb.

MemberMember
(@ivyhawk)

Posted : 01/21/2013 9:44 pm

I treat my red-marks simultaneously with my "active" Acne. (with different treatments) However, if you have more Acne than marks and/or the same amount, I would wait for your Acne to disperse before treating your Red-marks.

The good news about red-marks is that they do fade. The bad news (at least in my case) is that they take a LONG time to do so. My red-marks have improved by about 30% in the past 1 1/2 months. The process I use is fairly simple:

If it is morning: I take a shower and let water gently run over my face for about five minutes. I then apply a light coat of Aloe-Vera based sunscreen. It is Oil-free. It also contains vitamins A,C,&E. I hear these are good for red-marks.

If it is night, I wash face with a Witch Hazel soaked cotton ball. I then apply a moderate coat of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy) and let the skin soak it up.

This is just the method that has given me the best results. If anyone has a better method, I would Love to hear it.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 01/22/2013 9:15 am

Ivyhawk- thank you I'm glad to know I can start treating them. Can I buy AHA in stores?

MemberMember
(@ivyhawk)

Posted : 01/22/2013 10:40 am

Yep. Its a common product

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 01/22/2013 3:20 pm

Found some! I'm starting tonight. Thank you so much!

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/22/2013 3:36 pm

Walgreens has an 8% aha cream and there is an aha gel on here you can buy as well.

You can make your own vitamin c serum too!

I use fruit fresh because my mom does a lot of canning but you can buy vitamin c powder or capsules. I mix mine with pure glycerin but, you can mix the vitamin c with your moisturizer or water. I would just add a pinch to your moisturizer so its fresh every time.

Here is some information on vitamin c

http://www.skinacea.com/faq/treatments/t01-vitamin-c.html#.UP74hr-9Kc0

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 01/22/2013 6:35 pm

a.p. thank you for that link. I will definitely be looking at it some more. And that's where I bought my aha cream, it's probably the one you're recommending. I've read from some people that they're discontinuing it! Let's hope not.