Notifications
Clear all

What Else Can I Do For My Severe Hyperpigmentation? 🙁 🙁 🙁 Please, I've Tried Almost Everything. I'm Panicking.

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 01/04/2013 9:22 am

I don't mean severe as in the way it looks, but how long it has been there. I've tried everything. It's been almost 3 years (I have some marks that have been there for 4 years) and my skin still looks unbelievably BLOTCHY. Is it hopeless??? Is it dermal?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/04/2013 9:54 am

only thing that works for me is ipl (photofacials). i have heard retin-a can help a bit as well as finacea but i have never been on them long enough to find out. the ipl's are the easiest thing for me to do but you can also try v-beam laser or get a chemical peel with hydroquinone as well.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 01/04/2013 10:04 am

TCA peel. Look at the reviews, the feedback and the photographic evidence from real people and then decide whether it's right for you. I doubt you'll be disappointed though :). Ps, I've had mine for 6 years and my TCA is in the post.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/04/2013 10:51 am

TCA peel. Look at the reviews, the feedback and the photographic evidence from real people and then decide whether it's right for you. I doubt you'll be disappointed though smile.png. Ps, I've had mine for 6 years and my TCA is in the post.

Lee please be careful with peels - it might be better to go to a professional to get this kind of treatment. If you are going to do it yourself make sure you test patch first.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 01/04/2013 12:05 pm

TCA peel. Look at the reviews, the feedback and the photographic evidence from real people and then decide whether it's right for you. I doubt you'll be disappointed though smile.png. Ps, I've had mine for 6 years and my TCA is in the post.

Lee please be careful with peels - it might be better to go to a professional to get this kind of treatment. If you are going to do it yourself make sure you test patch first.

Thank you for your concern (that's not sarcasm btw) :). It's only a 10% concentration which is practically harmless, unless I pour it in my eyes lol. I shall test the patch before use.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/04/2013 12:56 pm

Good to hear! I hope it goes well for you. Be safe with acid!