Notifications
Clear all

Red marks after acne, can someone evaluate my future? 😛

MemberMember
(@andrjor)

Posted : 08/24/2011 12:07 pm

Hello.

I had this serious breakout this summer because of my summer job. The acne is in its ending phase (i think), but there are red marks remaining which is not a pretty sight.

I have added a picture ( I looks a bit more red than it looks like on this picture).

I went to the skin doctor the other day, and she basicly said that this would never heel to the full (the red marks would probably never go fully away, and she really killed my spirit and joy of living, and then charged 200 dollars for it). I felt this sounded a bit drastic and I hope to hear from you people about your experiences.

How I am treating it:

Im using a wash and a anti-acne thing from Jan Marini (to not get more acne) where the main ingredience is Benzoyl Peroxide. (10%) Is this good or bad for my scars?

LINK :

I am also using a product called Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion from Jan Marini,

where the main ingredienses are :

Glycolic Acid

Salicylic Acid

Azelaic Acid.

LINK :

Also, every other day I am using a concentrated peeling.

Link :

NB: I have read that Emu-oil is good for acne scars. I acctually have a bottle at home, but i find it very difficult to use because it doesnt penetrate my skin as its supposed to do.

Best regards, me

post-156897-1314205717_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@tamadrummer)

Posted : 08/24/2011 2:05 pm

It looks like you still have a bit of active acne, which can cause problems when trying to concentrate on fading the red marks. 10% benzoyl peroxide is a rather harsh topical, and could prolong red mark healing due to irritation. That Bioglycolic product also seems a bit overkill to me. I would suggest a topical, medium strength retinoid for you, like a .05% Retin A cream. That will speed up the cell turn over rate, give you better textured skin, and also deal with the red marks. Unfortunately, it does require a prescription. If not, I would suggest using a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel and an Alpha Hydroxy Acid product, much like the ones sold from this site.

Also, get a new dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@andrjor)

Posted : 08/24/2011 3:10 pm

It looks like you still have a bit of active acne, which can cause problems when trying to concentrate on fading the red marks. 10% benzoyl peroxide is a rather harsh topical, and could prolong red mark healing due to irritation. That Bioglycolic product also seems a bit overkill to me. I would suggest a topical, medium strength retinoid for you, like a .05% Retin A cream. That will speed up the cell turn over rate, give you better textured skin, and also deal with the red marks. Unfortunately, it does require a prescription. If not, I would suggest using a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel and an Alpha Hydroxy Acid product, much like the ones sold from this site.

thank you for response. Maybe i should avoid using the benzoyl peroxide on the red marks and use it elsewhere on my face? According to internet, all the working ingrediences in the bioclear thing is used to heal acne scarring, so ill think ill keep on using that one.

What do you think about the peel every other day ? (it was suggested to me by another dermatologist (not a doctor) This is not a bad idea?

But do you think that with the right treatment, this will maybe be gone within the next 6 months?

im kinda of a anxious person and this really tears on my self esteem.

MemberMember
(@sima)

Posted : 08/24/2011 3:41 pm

I agree with Tama. There's no point in trying to fade the red marks when you still have active acne that needs to be taken care of. I don't know what kind of dermatologist says that red marks 'never go away' since mine have improved dramatically over the past several months. That's bull. BP isn't doing you any favors. It irritates your skin and makes the red marks look worse. Look at treating your acne from the inside. Check your hormones and evaluate your diet.

MemberMember
(@tamadrummer)

Posted : 08/24/2011 9:08 pm

thank you for response. Maybe i should avoid using the benzoyl peroxide on the red marks and use it elsewhere on my face? According to internet, all the working ingrediences in the bioclear thing is used to heal acne scarring, so ill think ill keep on using that one.

What do you think about the peel every other day ? (it was suggested to me by another dermatologist (not a doctor) This is not a bad idea?

But do you think that with the right treatment, this will maybe be gone within the next 6 months?

im kinda of a anxious person and this really tears on my self esteem.

Yes all those ingredients are used to help fade scarring, but they are almost always used individually, so it's concerning. Honestly a topical retinoid sounds like the perfect solution for you; it will help fade those marks and also combat the acne. I would recommend using a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel in the morning and a .05% tretinoin cream at night. Topical retinoids have the reputation of causing more breakouts before they begin clearing the skin, so the benzoyl peroxide can counteract that. Find a new dermatologist and see what they think.

MemberMember
(@neza99)

Posted : 05/29/2015 1:08 pm

Can anyone tell me how long it would take for my red marks to disappear?

post-471244-0-05878900-1432922906.jpg

post-471244-0-09612100-1432922892.jpg

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/29/2015 3:00 pm

Can anyone tell me how long it would take for my red marks to disappear? attachicon.gifIMG_4139.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_4140.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4139.jpg

6months-3 years. You could speed it up by getting Vbeam