Notifications
Clear all

Need a place to start in order to get rid of your red marks from acne?

MemberMember
(@2689)

Posted : 12/22/2007 11:21 pm

i live in canada, but im having a hard time finding stores that sell "Puredeming Intense Gel R-ALA". does anybody know whrere to buy it in canada. and i cannot order it online so my only choice is to buy it with cash.

greatly appreciate the help if u can, n' thnx a bunch.

MemberMember
(@kirkfloemat)

Posted : 12/24/2007 3:04 am

MemberMember
(@carebear139)

Posted : 03/18/2008 7:48 pm

Hey, thanks for the great advice on the first page. I had a quick question... the right lower half of my cheek is covered with red marks. I started breaking out last year and I have no idea why. Neither of my parents had acne nor my sibling. The actual white heads seem to be subsiding but I'm left with red marks all over the place. I'm not sure where to start. I can't seem to find a brand and also can't decide whether a GA or a TCA would be best for my sensitive skin. HELP!

Currently I'm using Neutrogena's Deep Skin Cleanser and using Dan's BP and end my regimen with Olay's Sensitive Skin Moisture therapy cream. If I should change any part of my regimen, I'm definitely open to some advice. BTW- I bought the Cetaphil cleanser (spelling?) and that should be in today. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 04/27/2008 9:56 am

Hey, thanks for the great advice on the first page. I had a quick question... the right lower half of my cheek is covered with red marks. I started breaking out last year and I have no idea why. Neither of my parents had acne nor my sibling. The actual white heads seem to be subsiding but I'm left with red marks all over the place. I'm not sure where to start. I can't seem to find a brand and also can't decide whether a GA or a TCA would be best for my sensitive skin. HELP!

Currently I'm using Neutrogena's Deep Skin Cleanser and using Dan's BP and end my regimen with Olay's Sensitive Skin Moisture therapy cream. If I should change any part of my regimen, I'm definitely open to some advice. BTW- I bought the Cetaphil cleanser (spelling?) and that should be in today. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@bryan-2)

Posted : 05/26/2008 1:38 pm

Does GC help with brown marks?

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 06/06/2008 9:27 am

Hi

Iv just finished a course of IPL treatments. A little disapointed to be honest, there is improvement but its sooo superficial in comparison to the money i spent. And not to mention a painful treatment.

Im looking into TCA peels next, my clinic is telling me that i should go for the light TCA peels which will cost me quite a lot. But i cant see why i shouldn't just have a medium depth peel instead and it would save me a load of money aswell.

Does anyone know how they would compare light peelx3 vs 1 medium peel.?

Just so you know, i have no acne just scars( red marks).

How about Pixel laser, anyone tried it?

Thanks all:)

MemberMember
(@rai)

Posted : 09/05/2008 3:51 pm

Anyone on here had red marks and got rid of them just by waiting it out and using AHA's?

MemberMember
(@jharijan)

Posted : 09/08/2008 1:55 am

can you still use bp while you are doing the peels? should you still exfoliate regularly and also can you use a aha moisturizer as well?

MemberMember
(@kyle-h)

Posted : 10/04/2008 8:10 pm

can you still use bp while you are doing the peels? should you still exfoliate regularly and also can you use a aha moisturizer as well?

Depends on the peels. I personally underwent a series of Vitalize Peels along with an Obagi system and it worked great: the peel has Sacylic Acid in it as does the regimen. One time a day I apply BP to help fight off existing acne while preventing new ones.

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 12/28/2008 8:08 pm

I still cant get rid of'em!!!

What have you tried?

Does GC help with brown marks?

As far as I know it is not not as effective on brown marks.

Anyone on here had red marks and got rid of them just by waiting it out and using AHA's?

Yes, that is how I got rid of mine. Time definitely helps, but I used products to speed up the process.

I would also say it depends on the peel and how often you are doing the peels.

MemberMember
(@kaylee)

Posted : 01/02/2009 12:07 am

Thank you for posting this, it was ridiculously helpful!

MemberMember
(@noel0)

Posted : 01/17/2009 2:10 pm

Hey guys and girls,

This article has a good summary of what really works for red marks. I advise each one of you to read it for more information:

Thanks for the information im going to try the apple cider vinagar ive been reading about it alot and this article just convince me to try

MemberMember
(@starjen)

Posted : 02/02/2009 6:27 pm

I have red post acne marks (but no acne) on both sides of my face. I've tried Bio-Oil, AHA fade creams, vitamin E oil, and fade creams with hydroquinone. Nothing worked...so I went to the derm. My derm recommended Differin to use at night to peel layers of my skin with the marks, but I've been using it for a week and my skin hasn't peeled or even gotten mildly dry. Should I continue utilizing this product and talk to the derm? Also, I've been using Tri-Luma, a bleaching cream that she perscribed, in the morning but there still hasn't been improvement. Does anyone have any RX or drugstore products/treatments to recommend?

MemberMember
(@ariana)

Posted : 02/11/2009 9:47 pm

I have red post acne marks (but no acne) on both sides of my face. I've tried Bio-Oil, AHA fade creams, vitamin E oil, and fade creams with hydroquinone. Nothing worked...so I went to the derm. My derm recommended Differin to use at night to peel layers of my skin with the marks, but I've been using it for a week and my skin hasn't peeled or even gotten mildly dry. Should I continue utilizing this product and talk to the derm? Also, I've been using Tri-Luma, a bleaching cream that she perscribed, in the morning but there still hasn't been improvement. Does anyone have any RX or drugstore products/treatments to recommend?

Hydroquinone will do nothing for red marks; it does work pretty good for brown marks. I've tried numerous creams with it before I figured it out and then what I found in research supported my experience. I had red marks though and not brown marks. I would recommend doing a few peels. Research about peels in this forum to find the one that is right for you. For other recommendations, you can also read the article on the first page.

MemberMember
(@pandora0646)

Posted : 02/18/2009 4:10 pm

I tried using Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar last week and broke out like I haven't broken out in months. This definitely has steered me away from using ACV at all, regardless of how much it is diluted. I'm very upset because I was looking forward to the positive aspects of using the ACV such as taking care of hyperpigmentation and improvement of overall skintone. I've heard that you have to get through the intial breakout, but I'm very afraid I will only end up with more red marks. Maybe I should dilute it even more? Or should I just give up on ACV entirely?

MemberMember
(@prezk)

Posted : 02/18/2009 4:13 pm

I use Derma E Scar Gel. It seems to be doing a pretty good Job. But know this everyone is different.

MemberMember
(@bunnyhoods12)

Posted : 04/08/2009 7:29 pm

Where can I get this AHA I keep hearing about.

MemberMember
(@gda_11)

Posted : 04/13/2009 10:40 am

Thanks! Great read...

MemberMember
(@tkersty)

Posted : 05/04/2009 10:27 am

The scotch tape method costs like nothing and works wonders!! Search for it on this site. Afterwards, I just wipe my face down-apply the Aveda exfoliant toner-and moisterize (at night)

MemberMember
(@what1sth1s)

Posted : 05/25/2009 10:55 pm

the article cuts off after the introduction...

MemberMember
(@rafiki3)

Posted : 06/27/2010 10:27 pm

I read the article but don't know where to start. I'm a fifteen year old guy and red marks / dark spots are ruining my social life. It sucks. I've had them for about 9 months. I have about 90% of active acne and breakouts under control and they've subsided. Now I'm left with dark spots on both of my cheeks, and some lighter but still obviously discolored marks on my jawline.

What safe things can I try as growing teen to reduce the dark spots? I just don't want to do anything that will WORSEN my marks/spots, so I'm willing to try anything as long as it won't possibly make my condition worse.

PS: I did see a dermatologist. He was very vague and didn't seem that helpful. He basically put me on Epiduo and Dorox pills to fight breakouts and active acne but the main thing I was hoping he would help me with was the scars. But he said the scars could not be addressed for a few years but he didn't really say why. My only guess would be because my face is still growing since I'm still maturing so is the derm right,or can I do something now? I am really suffering self esteem and social wise due to these scars so I REALLY would like to take care of them now.

Please, any responses. I'd really appreciate some knowledgeable help.

MemberMember
(@anika022)

Posted : 08/05/2010 3:07 am

thanks

MemberMember
(@roderick9van)

Posted : 11/30/2010 9:22 am

thanks it good

MemberMember
(@lestooge)

Posted : 12/09/2010 5:28 pm

The prices make it clear! Preventing acne is better than having acne scars. Economically and pshycologically!

MemberMember
(@zahid)

Posted : 05/16/2012 9:40 am

Sorry, but the article was pointless. Most of the stuff, we knew already!