When I Realised It ...

Notifications
Clear all

When I Realised It Was Time To Stop

MemberMember
(@slowlygrowing2015)

Posted : 06/08/2015 12:04 pm

okay so i havent been picking my skin for as long as most on this site ... but ive been at war with my face for a good 3/4 of a year now.

it all began when i was striving for perfect skin for my prom last semester .. and i guess the habit stuck with me once i realised it could make your face look better under make up (im sure you all know the deal)

anyways, this week i have decided enough is enough and its probably the 5th time i have tried to stop this year and always fail so i though vocalizing my challenge my help.

as summer is on its way i cant afford to be hiding inside and waiting for my wounds to heal anymore ! its gone on too long and im taking a stance :)

some tips i would like to give to you all out there include ----

healing wounds:

- 'hay wax' (from holland and barrats) used to treat hayfever when applied to a shallow wound helps keep it moist when used with a bandaid . ingredients: sunflower oil, beesax and aloe powder (like the usual honey aloe vera and oil suggestions)

- savlon!!!!! i cannot stress this enough it is a god

- plasters ontop of everything they keep skin in place and flat and stop you thinking about the problem

healing the scars that may remain:

- bio oil!!!! a few drops massaged 3x a day

- calamine cream

- nivea cream (day) containing vitamin E left to seep in promotes soft skin and lightens it further

- sudocrem (only on very old marks , new red ons require above^)

also eating kale, oranges, nuts and drinking aloe vera juice and lots of lemon water / water really helps!

good luck i aim to keep this posted with my success :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/08/2015 12:20 pm

Thanks for sharing your tips with our community! :) For many of us, acne and skin-picking go hand in hand and the skin-picking often proves to be the more difficult of the two to beat. Years later I still struggle with picking. Always feeling my skin for blackheads, zits, etc. Thankfully my skin is very resilient and resistant to scarring so I've been pretty lucky.

MemberMember
(@slowlygrowing2015)

Posted : 06/08/2015 2:43 pm

you are lucky

Thanks for sharing your tips with our community! :) For many of us, acne and skin-picking go hand in hand and the skin-picking often proves to be the more difficult of the two to beat. Years later I still struggle with picking. Always feeling my skin for blackheads, zits, etc. Thankfully my skin is very resilient and resistant to scarring so I've been pretty lucky.

you are very lucky i have multiple scars but since i have found some really good remedies they seem to be fading fast. its sooo annoying as i dont even have bad acne or get spots i just create blemishes from nothing eep:( oh well, today is a new dawn and i stop!

good luck x

DeLovely liked