Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Story

MemberMember
(@lianeev)

Posted : 02/05/2014 3:40 pm

I've been an avid reader of acne.org post ever since I was in highschool. When I first got my acne, I was 11 but it was just tiny whiteheads with no more than 2 pimples on my forehead. When I started wearing makeup (take note it was mineral makeup) during my senior year, my still was still the same (white heads with occasional pimples on forehead but never on my cheeks) But when I entered university last 2012, 4 mos after my whole face exploded even my cheeks where i never broke out. They're not the big cystic ones but they were red and they would scar. For almost a year, I've been trying natural remedies, antibiotics(didnt work), different skin care and even clarisonic made it worse( it was too abrasive) in addition to that, i tried healthy living too which made me feel good about my body atleast. Last sep 2013, i thought I finally got it undercontrol but just this January, the red marks are still there and so are the red bumps. Althought it may not be as severe as other people's, I believe acne will be acne. Recently, I've tried to avoid making eye contacts cause the way people look at me make me feel even worse. I stopped wearing makeup and fixing myself. I'm so depressed. I barely go out unless i have to go to school. Right now my regimen consist of differin, clindamycin phospate (just started using this with the differin) and olay sensitive facial wash. Wish me hope and luck. hay I also attaches a picture of my before and after face. Take not my face is sensitive(allergic to BP) and comb/oily.

post-375318-0-44978700-1391632791_thumb.

post-375318-0-44978700-1391632791_thumb.

MemberMember
(@missc1990)

Posted : 02/05/2014 11:54 pm

I really don't seem to get it... you're a beautiful girl, you really are. My face is worse on the pilll and even I enjoy life. Just don't punish yourself and go buy a good covering foundation and learn through youtube how to cover your scars looking naturally. I swear, your face is really really mild and you look just pretty! Don't waste your life on this...

MemberMember
(@anthonykell)

Posted : 04/10/2014 10:12 pm

You are very pretty and really don't have to worry about your appearance. You look great.

Stay positive and your acne will clear up. If you are down and stressed, acne will stay present.

Stick to a simple skincare regime and stay positive. As mentioned above, you really shouldn't worry. As acne sufferers, we view ourselves 100 times worse than how others view us. So, in your case, there really is ZERO to worry about.