Oily Face Causing P...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily Face Causing Pityrosporum Folliculitis

MemberMember
(@sayak)

Posted : 01/03/2014 2:49 am

I live in a tropical,humid region and thus have a persistent oily face.even after cleansing it only takes about 2hrs for my skin to become oily once again!i think this might be the reason why my pityrosporum folliculitis has never stopped and also that my skin hasn't been acne free for about a year.i developed acne vulgaris as well but it cleared up after using retin-a creams.it burns and also starts to itch like crazy whenever i sweat.i had been using the same retin a creams,hoping that it would eventually stop this but i recently came to know that retin-a is useless in this situations.i think controlling the oiliness might be the key to stopping this and getting a clear skin,but having said and after having done some research i think i need some anti fungal cream or cleanser as well.so could you guys suggest some products which would help to stop this.

right now i am using salycylic acid based cleanser and sebamed clear face foam(one in the morning and one at night)

and an anti fungal cream containing clotrimazole

should i switch to sulphur and or zinc based products?

thanks

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 01/08/2014 5:33 pm

Clotrimazole (Lotrimin AF) is not effective. Try Lotrimin Ultra instead. Also use a shampoo with ketoconazole or climbazole.

MemberMember
(@c-thru)

Posted : 02/27/2014 4:58 pm

I have similar issues and what seems to be effective for me is washing my face with pyrithione zinc (head and shoulders) which is rather drying and using ketoconazole cream for the face. Retin-A wasn't that helpful for me.