What Are These Call...

Notifications
Clear all

What Are These Called?

MemberMember
(@lawrence111)

Posted : 06/02/2013 2:12 pm

I've dry skin btw but I've been using an excessive amount of coconut oil lately but have stopped using them and switched to jojoba oil.

They're impossible for myself to see in any mirror and I can hardly even feel them but they seem to be small little bumps that form all over my cheeks and looks horrible to others who're up close to me in daylight.

I'm pretty sure they're clogged pores i'm just not sure what the correct name is. (As if the acne scar marks weren't bad enough.)

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 06/02/2013 5:03 pm

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it resembles what I had when I started using all natural plant based products. After an attempt to go "green" and two months of hell on my face, I concluded that I'm allergic to the plant/seed/fruit products. Which makes sense since I'm allergic to grass and trees, and I get itchy from handling tomatoes on the vine.

Some of mine were just bumps and some was actual acne. I don't know if you've been using it for very long but maybe that's it.

The only thing that seemed like it did not cause any problems for me was grapeseed oil. It was nice and light and absorbed well.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/02/2013 8:49 pm

Well bud it's really impossible tell from that picture. If I had to guess, I'd say it's likey one if two things.

My initial though is some kind of allergic reaction. Do they go away if you stop the new topicals for a day or two?

Or it could be like you said, a completely blocked pore/follicle/gland. These can be problematic, quite deep, and last awhile, so if you get more or they don't go away I'd see a dermatologist or doctor just to be safe.

Coconut oil if I remember is comodegenic (will clog pores), so I'd recommend not using that for a few days and just cleaning and moisturizing as necessary, and see if there's any change.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/03/2013 1:27 am

i couldn't understand what it is from the picture but if its clogged pores(like u say) i'd say u can work on two things - ur water intake and a cleanser with SA in it(make sure its mild though.for regular use).

MemberMember
(@lawrence111)

Posted : 06/03/2013 9:55 am

I took a new picture hope this is better to see. Ignore the acne pick scars. (I've no idea how to get rid of those and have gave up!)

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 06/03/2013 5:50 pm

I would see a derm or a doctor when you can so that doesn't get worse. But I agree on stopping on the coconut oil. It might not have caused it, but it could make it worse. Try the SA cleanser to maybe open those up if you can. I would also start with steaming your face to loosen the blockages.