Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Clogged Pores?

MemberMember
(@paradoxonearth)

Posted : 03/04/2017 9:42 am

I don't know what else to blame this on except hormones to be honest.. its very depressing and I don't know what will even help anymore. Any advice would be appreciated. Makeup just makes them look worse...

I always had very small clogged pores around my chin, which intensified when I went on Cerazette at age 17 (mini pill, cant have combined cos migraines) back in 2015. Went off it for about 5 months from August-January cos I was sick of the chin problems, but then they spread.......... went back on it to see what happens, also got prescribed Skinoren cream - made it EVEN worse after 5/6 weeks so gave up on that. Goodness. But since I stopped it I've broken out in lots of red spots too.

Tried that castor oil cleansing method for like 1/2 months, nothing.

Routine atm (twice a day) is Aloe Foaming Face wash from the body shop, exfoliating like 2/3 times a week with Clean & Clear gentle exfoliator (cos i feel like the harsh ones just make everything even worse :/), tone with a tea tree/witch hazel toner - and then applying Savlon in the hope to get rid of the red spots?? I feel like its kind of working, they're going at least.. moisturiser I use is just that Clean & Clear Dual Action one, that allegedly helps spots but I never quite know. 

I'm tempted to try stuff from the Body Shop like the Drops of Light serum or whatever, they said that will help - but its all expensive and I'm just depressed.

Skin now (this is the same for both sides of my face..):
17141714_1557784547584360_26367311_n.jpg

Skin with makeup, to see how awful this looks (excuse unflattering pics hahahah):
17124338_1557784537584361_332952589_n.jpg17140877_1557784544251027_139821181_n.jpg

Just. Depressed. Don't know what it feels like not to have skin like this and spend my days looking at other peoples mouths just like 'what dat feel like' 

Anyone with anything similar would be appreciated. Realised I've just got to post this myself because searching the internet did nothing.

MemberMember
(@svuchic)

Posted : 03/08/2017 9:55 pm

Have you seen the dermatologist yet? Before I started actually getting real pimples a had a bunch of little tiny skin colored bumps on the left side of my face. It wasn't as severe as what you have, but I wondered what it was. A rash? Irritation from something? Figured out they really were clogged pores down the road. They are starting to go away with spironolactone but I did notice a few today. Left cheek as always. When messed with, they usually turn into a full on pimple.

MemberMember
(@jdsu16)

Posted : 06/27/2017 4:56 pm

They are indeed closed comedones. My face looks almost EXACTLY like yours..maybe even a little worse. I had this acne all over my face as a teen, but have been clear all the way up to just a month ago (i'm 27). I'm honestly devastated about it. I was just put on Tretinoin and Spironolactone today. I've literally tried everything else for these suckers. Any checmical peel you can name. My recommendation is to go see a dermatologist and try not to waste your money on anything over the counter.