Notifications
Clear all

PMS chin acne

MemberMember
(@sassybanana4)

Posted : 03/01/2017 1:48 pm

Hi there, I am a 21 year old girl and I've been struggling with harsh PMS breakouts for the last two years. I have regular periods-to the exact day- but I always experience a cystic chin breakout (only on my chin) about a week before my period starts. After my period ends, I normally get about two weeks of being clear before the cycle starts again.

Here is what Ive been taking that has helped a lot but hasn't cured my acne completely:
-vitex (2X per day in AM)
-evening primrose oil (3 x per day, morning, afternoon, night)
-burdock root (3x per day, 2 pills each, morning, afternoon, night)
-milk thistle (6 pills daily, 3x per day)
-vit. D3 (whenever I can)

here's my face routine:
-make up remove with coconut oil (also use as face moisture)
-wash using African Black Soap

I also follow an extremely clean diet: little grains (bread rice, etc.), no dairy, no coffee (only teas), no oils, no junk food
and I work out pretty much daily (bike, run, and hot yoga)

is there anything you guys can recommend to cure or greatly reduce PMS breakouts? thanks!!

MemberMember
(@dana-leigh)

Posted : 03/01/2017 7:54 pm

I have the exact same issue! EXACTLY the same.

I as well went to a no dairy diet, less caffeine, no junk food and I workout 4 times a week. I started using the Origins 'Mega Mushroom' collection which helps a lot with the tone of my skin and with my redness. When I would get a cystic breakout before my redness would be a ten out of ten, now it's usually around a three out of ten.

I'm debating on whether to try going on OrthoTricyclen to help with the breakouts since mine are directly hormonal related. Im 24 bad have never been on BC before so the thought of starting it kind of scares me.

MemberMember
(@sassybanana4)

Posted : 03/02/2017 5:26 pm

yeah I've never been on BC either! Have you tried any of the herbs that I've mentioned?