Notifications
Clear all

Birth control - breakout! advice PLEASE

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 06/30/2016 4:23 pm

I just started takingocella - ageneric of yas a week ago. i had previously been on leena and and i stopped taking spiro 4 months ago because i got a ton of closed comadones and thinning hair.
well a few days after starting ocella istarted breaking out horribly. what is your experience with bc and initial breakout ?????? will this get better/ should i stick it out or switch back

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/30/2016 8:15 pm

3 hours ago, bellacat said:

I just started takingocella - ageneric of yas a week ago. i had previously been on leena and and i stopped taking spiro 4 months ago because i got a ton of closed comadones and thinning hair.
well a few days after starting ocella istarted breaking out horribly. what is your experience with bc and initial breakout ?????? will this get better/ should i stick it out or switch back

hi, I took a generic of Yaz called Gianvi which I had NO problems with but later they switched to one calked Loryna which I did have some break outs with. I don't believe for a second that generics are all equal or even the same as the name brand!
I'd saytryit for 3-4 months and if it dfdfoesnt help try the brand name OR maybe orthocyclen+spiro50 mg. I used orthocyclen in my 20s with good results, my acne didn't get worse until after my son was born.

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 06/30/2016 9:49 pm

1 hour ago, snarkygirl said:
hi, I took a generic of Yaz called Gianvi which I had NO problems with but later they switched to one calked Loryna which I did have some break outs with. I don't believe for a second that generics are all equal or even the same as the name brand!
I'd saytryit for 3-4 months and if it dfdfoesnt help try the brand name OR maybe orthocyclen+spiro50 mg. I used orthocyclen in my 20s with good results, my acne didn't get worse until after my son was born.

Thanks for the advice - i really hope this one is good - fingers crossed.

MemberMember
(@patti24)

Posted : 12/17/2017 9:58 pm

Hi Bellacat - Did you hair thinning from spiro resolve itself? I was on spiro for 6 months and experienced hair loss/thinning as well as a whole host of other issues. It's mainly concentrated in the front part of my head. If it did come back, is there anything helpful you did?