Notifications
Clear all

Does this dose of spiro sound correct?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/07/2016 11:24 am

Hi I'm just here for opinions.
my derm prescribed me yaz and 50mg of spiro. I was worried it's too low of a dose but being on Yaz might affect that correct? If I'm correct it's sort of like 75 mg of spiro.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 06/08/2016 7:56 am

20 hours ago, snarkygirl said:

Hi I'm just here for opinions.
my derm prescribed me yaz and 50mg of spiro. I was worried it's too low of a dose but being on Yaz might affect that correct? If I'm correct it's sort of like 75 mg of spiro.

It's a good starting point.  I began treatment on Yaz and 50 mg, then upped to yaz and 75 mg, now am on 125mg with no BCP.  Each person requires a different dose, but 50 mg is the minimum we normally see.  :)

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/08/2016 8:57 am

59 minutes ago, CarpeMomentum said:
It's a good starting point.  I began treatment on Yaz and 50 mg, then upped to yaz and 75 mg, now am on 125mg with no BCP.  Each person requires a different dose, but 50 mg is the minimum we normally see.  :)

thanks. I also started using cetaphil antibacterial bar. It's been a while since I've used any soap or wash products maybe that was a mistake.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 8:07 am

Hey I thought I'd ask since you took Spiro, did it cause any breast tenderness?

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 06/13/2016 3:42 pm

7 hours ago, snarkygirl said:

Hey I thought I'd ask since you took Spiro, did it cause any breast tenderness?

At first yes, but I was also starting the pill at the same time. I don't have any issue anymore now. I don't get my period off BCP so I don't have that same fluctuation in hormones to cause that. But yes, for several weeks and first few months as the Estrogen and Progesterone did their thing.