Notifications
Clear all

Acne has gotten worst

MemberMember
(@lmyxo)

Posted : 06/04/2016 3:02 am

My acne has gotten so bad since I lasted posted and everyone is pointing it out even my parents/siblings. I have ugly cysts and scars and my entire forehead is just covered with bumps pimples and cysts. I've had this two cysts on my cheek for 4 months now it won't go away. I'm slowly becoming a vegan again I don't eat meat but I do sometimes have cheese/tuna that's something I'm trying to cut off. So I guess my diet is pretty good. I know my acne is genetics/hormonal but I'm just so sick of it. I started using tea tree face wash and face mask but that's it, I do often try turmeric face mask. I took antibiotics for 5 months it really helped balance my acne out and get rid of cysts but now I'm off it for a month and I can see all the cysts forming. I've done everything I've tried every face wash, benzoyl peroxide everything I can think of I don't know what to do. Accutane isn't an option my brother took it and got horrible side effects. i recently went to my doctor to ask him to send me to a dermatologist but I have to wait like 5 months:( I don't mind my cheek and chin acne its my forehead that's filled with pimples even on the start of my hair. I attached a picture below (I took it a week ago) I feel like it's worst now and it's so hard to touch my forehead it kinda hurts. If anyone has any advise please please tell me

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 06/04/2016 7:31 pm

If its hormonal, have you tried balancing out your hormones with bc or natural supplements yet? Theres things like Estroblock, vitex, primrose, spearmint, but be sure to research them! Curology offers a dermatologist online and they have antibiotics topically, I have a free month trial if you want to try it out.

MemberMember
(@lmyxo)

Posted : 06/04/2016 7:46 pm

13 minutes ago, Exning said:

If its hormonal, have you tried balancing out your hormones with bc or natural supplements yet? Theres things like Estroblock, vitex, primrose, spearmint, but be sure to research them! Curology offers a dermatologist online and they have antibiotics topically, I have a free month trial if you want to try it out.

I haven't I have to wait like 5 months for a dermatologist, I don't know if I want to use anything that's antibiotics again. Is it working for you?

MemberMember
(@siddhartha-n)

Posted : 06/06/2016 10:59 am

I refused to go to the dermatologist recently because all they will prescribe is topical creams, or oral antibiotics or use cortisone injections into the cysts/spots. And most likely your acne will come back, in the same spot, if you do not treat the underlying issue.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/06/2016 12:58 pm

On June 4, 2016 at 8:46 PM, lmyxo said:
On June 4, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Exning said:

I haven't I have to wait like 5 months for a dermatologist, I don't know if I want to use anything that's antibiotics again. Is it working for you?

You can get hormonal birth control from any doctor, family doctor or a gynecologist. No need to wait for 5 months! I agree anything topical will not do that much for you. Read the article on good and bad birth control for acne. Spironolactone is also an option.
i suggest vet aphid antibacterial bar and try to avoid dairy and excess sugar. If you eat mean no hormones added is preferable. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@lmyxo)

Posted : 06/07/2016 12:32 am

13 hours ago, Siddhartha N said:

I refused to go to the dermatologist recently because all they will prescribe is topical creams, or oral antibiotics or use cortisone injections into the cysts/spots. And most likely your acne will come back, in the same spot, if you do not treat the underlying issue.

Everything I've been prescribed worked at first but then afterwards I got the worst breakouts. I don't know what I'm doing wrong I have like 20 new pimples this week.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/07/2016 8:58 am

8 hours ago, lmyxo said:
21 hours ago, Siddhartha N said:

Everything I've been prescribed worked at first but then afterwards I got the worst breakouts. I don't know what I'm doing wrong I have like 20 new pimples this week.

jeez, that's rough. Its probably not your fault if it makes you feel better.

MemberMember
(@siddhartha-n)

Posted : 06/07/2016 7:01 pm

There is an underlying issue. For me, I have multiple auto immune disorders and my gut is not healthy. I am going to be switching up my supplementation starting today. It's all a waste if my body isn't absorbing the supplements I'm taking! It's very frustrating. But I do believe that I have to heal myself from the inside out. I get pustle cystic acne all over my chin it's quite bothersome.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/15/2016 3:20 pm

On 6/7/2016 at 1:32 AM, lmyxo said:
On 6/6/2016 at 11:59 AM, Siddhartha N said:

On 6/7/2016 at 8:01 PM, Siddhartha N said:

There is an underlying issue. For me, I have multiple auto immune disorders and my gut is not healthy. I am going to be switching up my supplementation starting today. It's all a waste if my body isn't absorbing the supplements I'm taking! It's very frustrating. But I do believe that I have to heal myself from the inside out. I get pustle cystic acne all over my chin it's quite bothersome.

i agree...acne shows so e imbalance whether hormones or gut issues. Even if we feel good otherwise.

MemberMember
(@iris76)

Posted : 06/23/2016 7:49 pm

Forehead acne has been related to dehydration so are you drinking enough water ?
Also you can try balancing your hormones naturally.. sleep well.. eat fruits and vegetables. . Make sure to get omega 3 in ur diet.. For which you can take fish oils. I don't know much about vegan diet so make sure your diet does not have high amounts of sugar.
You can also try drinking green tea daily
Other options are applying
Apple cider vinegar toner or rose water